Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work for a local dealer group and I saw over the weekend that we got a 08 PRO 4x titan in. Its acutally pretty slick, its a KC in smoke color. Anything you guys want me to check? I looked at the rear end and it looks exactly the same, this one looks like it has a lift, it looked higher than my bone stock 04... I might go drive this thing some night this week....Let me know if you want me to find anything out..

·
Registered
72 Posts
x2thez said:
I work for a local dealer group and I saw over the weekend that we got a 08 PRO 4x titan in. Its acutally pretty slick, its a KC in smoke color. Anything you guys want me to check? I looked at the rear end and it looks exactly the same, this one looks like it has a lift, it looked higher than my bone stock 04... I might go drive this thing some night this week....Let me know if you want me to find anything out..
Is there a price on that baby?

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Find out how well it takes tall jumps, lol.

·
Registered
48 Posts
x2thez said:
What does the PRO 4x package entail? Does it have increased ground clearance? You said it sits higher. Is it stock or does it have an aftermarket lift. The off road ability and setup of the Titan was a major selling point for me.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I saw an 08 CC in the new Timberline color, with tan interior...not good. The tan is a lil to light. The green is VERY dark.

·
Registered
197 Posts
x2thez said:
I would have thought that Nissan would have replaced the rear end with something more solid for the 08's. Is it the same part number for the rear end? I cant believe they dropped the ball on this for 08'!

·
Registered
62 Posts
The little wife and I drove an 08 last Friday. Crew cab, 4x4, BT, short bed. Really liked some of the features of the utility bed, dual grab handles in the cab, new seat material, new inst cluster with information center, roomy back seat, new style wheels, tailgate lights, etc,etc. It seemed to drive smaller than it really is, if that makes sense. The ride was firm but not obtrusive, the response from the engine/trans combo was great, the brakes I did not push too hard as I was unfamiliar with the vehicle. The exhaust note was music to my ears, didn't bother to ask the wife what she thought about that though. We picked that particular unit because it had the tan interior. I thought the charcoal might be a bit too dark. The tan seats looked good, the brushed alum on the console looked good, the door panels looked a bit cheap though.
We had not really considered a Titan because of all the bad threads on the Titan sites. However, I did look at the latest Consumer Reports buying guide issue and saw that the Titan has steadily improved it's ratings over the years. Then I saw what some people are towing with these trucks and I was relieved a bit more. Then I talked to the owner of the corner garage where I get my cars inspected about his 04 and was even more happy.
It's too bad the salesman was so proud of his trucks that he did not want to deal at all or we probably had him find us a red alert with tan interior. The fact that Titan sales are down for the year does not seem to interest them in selling a vehicle at all!
We test drove a Tundra a couple weeks ago and this vehicle compares very favorably to that one. And the doors don't jiggle when you close them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts