Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 08 LE and noticed that it has a factory Vehicle Security System and Vehicle Immobilizer System but the dealer charged me for a security system in addition. What gives? Did they hose me? I have the regular fob that when I push the lock button, the horn beeps...??

·
Registered
837 Posts
I would be down there first thing in the morning asking them how to operate the additional security system. After they are through stuttering and shaking, :eeeek:tell them to give you a refund+ interest and a free 7 yr/100000 mile extended warranty to keep this out of court.:fight: They definitly hosed you, unless they can produce additional fobs for the security system that they may have forgotten to give you, NOT.

Good luck with this.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Ditto. Sounds a little fishy to me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have left messages this morning and of course, no call back yet.

The interesting thing about this is that the finance guy was the one who presented this. He asked us if we noticed the keypads that the sale people had that allowed them to enter a code and unlock the vehicle. We did notice that and he said it was the security system by Guardian. For $595 they could activate it since it was already installed in the truck and that they would have to program it to the Nissan FOB. That didn't seem strange to me until I got home and was reading in the manual that the truck already had a factory security system! While I understand that the factory one probably can be "hacked" easier than a 3rd party, the factory is fine with me!

I'll report back once they call me but I think the outcome is not going to be good for them because I can't imagine how they will explain their way out of it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh boy is this getting good! The sales manager cannot explain how their offered aftermarket alarm, Guardian, works. He said there might be a valet switch or something but he is going to have the F&I Manager conact me to discuss.

I asked him if he could fax or email me the instructions on how to use this "2nd alarm" system and why the Nissan alarm would still be active with their aftermarket. Again, he didn't have an answer.

I tried to do a Google search on this "Guardian" alarm product and I find nothing!

BigRedTitan said:
I would be down there first thing in the morning asking them how to operate the additional security system. After they are through stuttering and shaking, :eeeek:tell them to give you a refund+ interest and a free 7 yr/100000 mile extended warranty to keep this out of court.:fight: They definitly hosed you, unless they can produce additional fobs for the security system that they may have forgotten to give you, NOT.

Good luck with this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The F&I Manager called me. His first words were, "Sounds like you are dissatisfied with your alarm purchase. I am willing to give you a LoJack instead but I need you to bring the vehicle in so I can take the brain unit out." I told him I didn't want a LoJack since the Nissan Alarm and Immobilzer system was adequete for my insurance discount.

We went back and forth and he finally said to just bring it in BUT within the next few days and that I (PLEASE!) I need to get the address from my bank where they want the dealer to send the refund check. I said " don't you have my documentation including the bank phone number?" and he said "sure but we don't have time to deal with that since it is an issue on your part about being dissatisfied with our product."

WTF? So, I now have to drive 50 miles round trip to deal with these morons! Fortunately I went through the USAA buyers program and USAA does not appreciate their members being f'd around in this manner.

·
Registered
837 Posts
garyhartaz said:
The F&I Manager called me. His first words were, "Sounds like you are dissatisfied with your alarm purchase. I am willing to give you a LoJack instead but I need you to bring the vehicle in so I can take the brain unit out." I told him I didn't want a LoJack since the Nissan Alarm and Immobilzer system was adequete for my insurance discount.

We went back and forth and he finally said to just bring it in BUT within the next few days and that I (PLEASE!) I need to get the address from my bank where they want the dealer to send the refund check. I said " don't you have my documentation including the bank phone number?" and he said "sure but we don't have time to deal with that since it is an issue on your part about being dissatisfied with our product."

WTF? So, I now have to drive 50 miles round trip to deal with these morons! Fortunately I went through the USAA buyers program and USAA does not appreciate their members being f'd around in this manner.
When you take it in, demand to see the system work, via your keyfob, before they take it out. If it is a security system that goes beyond the factory system, then it should have a trigger on the hood, maybe a shock sensor, and maybe other features ($595 would buy a high end security/remote start system). If they can't set it off by any means other than opening a door, then they definitly screwed you, and no telling how many others. Also, tell them that you want to see the brain taken out. Sounds to me like the F&I guy is getting a $595 bonus when he sells these systems. I feel that they have an electronic keypad that can be programmed to operate the factory security system's lock/unlock feature on the vehicles on their lot. After all, many people on TT have purchased (for much less than $595) the little keypads that will unlock their trucks, so we know that it can be done. Or maybe they just hit unlock on the fob to make it appear that the keypad did it. Some dealerships are crappy like that just to make an extra $.

I would definitly let your lender know what is going on. I'm sure that they would be interested to know what is going on.

Good luck, and take 'em down with everything that you've got. It's dealers like this that give the good ones a bad reputation.

BTW, you may want to call Nissan Corporate and get them in on it too. I don't know if it would do any good, but I'm sure that they would want to know if one of their franchised dealers is ripping people off.

One more thing, you will get a survey from Nissan wanting to know about your buying experience. It has a question/section for rating all aspects of your purchase, including the F&I person involved in the sale. Give him a poor rating, as anything below Excellent is bad as far as Nissan goes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts