Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an 05 CC that I am thinking about trading in on an 08. I have had all the problems that the 04/05 Titans are known for, brakes, manifold, rattles, pass seat, water leaks, water on the floor....ie. I STILL love the truck and think that it is the best bang for the buck. I am just getting close to the end of the warranty and what a new truck. My question is for the ones who have upgraded to a newer year. Did you notice a big difference? Ride better? Less Rattles? Do things seem to fit better? Overall is it a better truck and where do you notice the difference?? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just upgraded from a '04 king cab XE to a '08 crew cab SE and I love it. Granted I only have 200 miles on it, but I look forward to many more miles in my new truck. I really like the leather steering wheel, the ride is as good or better than the '04. Brakes feel alot better. I had major problems with the brakes on the '04! So much in fact I went with aftermarket brakes and rotors. I am concerned about the gas mileage, but only time will tell. I put my JL Audio 12's under the rear seat and have noticed a couple of rattles (mainly rear overhead storage), but that is about it. I do not care much for the center console, it is to deep and only one compartment for storage so everything just falls to the bottom and you are foced to search around for whatever it is you are looking for. I wish that Nissan would use another tire than the Goodyear Wrangler, (I only got about 40k miles out of my old set) but what what can you do right.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Went from an 04 SE CC 2WD to the 08 CC SE 4WD LWB. You couldn't get me back in that old truck. LOL

Brakes.... way better, bigger too

Runs quicker and goes at it from 14mph versus 40mh.

Never had any of the leaks on my old one, so nothing to compare to. I am right around 10k miles on the new one and LOVE IT.....

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT

·
Registered
446 Posts
I went from 05 CC SWB 4x4 to 08 CC LWB 4x4 and have no regrets. Bigger brakes, longer bed, better ride and no problems so far.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I went from an 06 CC 2wd to an 08 4wd. Much plusher ride, I do not know what was changed but, the ride is the biggest difference to me.

·
Registered
145 Posts
jaimr said:
I currently have an 05 CC that I am thinking about trading in on an 08. I have had all the problems that the 04/05 Titans are known for, brakes, manifold, rattles, pass seat, water leaks, water on the floor....ie. I STILL love the truck and think that it is the best bang for the buck. I am just getting close to the end of the warranty and what a new truck. My question is for the ones who have upgraded to a newer year. Did you notice a big difference? Ride better? Less Rattles? Do things seem to fit better? Overall is it a better truck and where do you notice the difference?? Any help would be appreciated.

Water leaks and Water on the floor?

I noticed today that the carpet in front of the passenger seat is moist. I'm sure that nobody has spilled anything, could this be a typical water leak problem?

I also can't find any threads on this subject, so if there are any, can someone point the way to them.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Smokie & the Bandit said:
Water leaks and Water on the floor?

I noticed today that the carpet in front of the passenger seat is moist. I'm sure that nobody has spilled anything, could this be a typical water leak problem?

I also can't find any threads on this subject, so if there are any, can someone point the way to them.

Thanks
That sounds like the AC drain leak. I think theres a TSB out on it. Theres also a DIY fix discussed here i think. http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-problems-dealer-service/30625-c-drain-repair-questions.html

If your under warranty take it to the dealer, they should be able to fix it.

You can also do a search for ac leak, it should bring up some helpful threads.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I went from an 05 SE CC 2wd to an 08 SE CC 4wd with a few more options... and I love it! granted the ride for me is a little stiffer b/c of 4wd now, but it seems like a more plush ride. brakes better, ride better, driver side tool box, utilitrack-this is the exact truck I wanted back then but wasnt as established and didnt realize I would like the truck as much as I did so now I have everything I wanted and more. I love this truck- either way, you cant go wrong, but the '08 is sooo sweet!
BTW- I never had any of the leaks or problems with the other truck besides having the brakes replaced an routine maintenance...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I traded an '04 SE king cab for an '08 SE king cab. Ride is more plush most places but a little stiffer on the chatter bumps. This one doesn't seem to be as good on gas, but no long highway trips in 2900 miles, so too early to tell. The fit and finish is better on this one. So-called mud flaps are better, but need another screw on the outside of the fender rather than adhesive. Plastic inside the cab is much better quality. Change from painted on controls on the steering wheel that rubbed off to molded in with larger switches is better. I can actually get an AM station on the radio in this truck. Removing the temperature from the mirror and retaining the compass is BS.
Tool box in the rear fender is barely big enough for my cable chains, and is flimsy. I despise the utility bed feature, which gets in the way of my toolbox and catches everything slid across the floor, but it came with one of the few trucks I could find within 700 miles of Wyoming equipped like I wanted. Front of the hood appears to slope lower, making it easier to see objects in front of the truck, but the truck sits more level than the '04. Hydraulic assist tailgate is a great feature. No more fog lights on the standard SE, and as mine were fixed/replaced four times I don't miss them. Still can't use real tire chains on a Nissan. Goodyear tires are crap, and Nissan's decision to change the size of the tires meant my new BFGoodrich TA KOs couldn't be moved to this truck. They took away a power outlet closer to the driver and put one in the bed. I'll never use the one in the bed, but I used the other one often. It's not safe reaching the other while driving. And finally, no problems for 2900 miles. I had 6 in the first 2000 miles with the '04, then there was the rear end, brakes(3 times), fog lights, both manifolds, defective shocks, front end parts, defective tranny temperature sensors, bad AC actuator, molding peeling off under the hood, hood hitting the driver side window washer nozzle, mud flaps falling off, weak seat belt retractors, etc., etc. But it was fun to drive and great off-road, and the '08 was still a better buy than other trucks, even though the damned rebate changed to 5 grand three days after I bought mine. If this one develops anywhere near the problems of the '04, and this website suggests it won't, this will be the last Titan. So far, so good.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Went from an 04 CC LE to an 08 CC LE and have not looked back. I love my new 08 except for the color. My 04 was Red Brawn and my 08 is Majestic Blue...this thing is impossible to keep clean.

In hindsight, I could have made two better choices:

1. Different color such as Desert Stone, Radiant Silver or Smoke
2. I should have waited a bit longer to make my purchase...I purchased my 08 when the rebate was only $1,250 back in July. Looking at the rebates for December, that extra $3,750 would really help out at the gas pump.

But anyway, I'd still make the switch to the 08 all over again and the only issue I had with my 04 was the brakes.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
Removing the temperature from the mirror and retaining the compass is BS.

Don't know if you noticed but the outside temp was moved down to the onboard computer they put between the speedo and the tach...I keep the temp always displayed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
bills1974 said:
Removing the temperature from the mirror and retaining the compass is BS.

Don't know if you noticed but the outside temp was moved down to the onboard computer they put between the speedo and the tach...I keep the temp always displayed.
Just bought an 08 SE crew LB 4x4 with the bench seat, no temperature gauge in the mirror or in the dash.......asked the dealership about this and they said it was because of it having a colume shifter.....what BS is that!!!!!
Even my old 2000 F-150 XLT 4x4 I traded in had a damn temp. gauge.
Anyone else ever heard of this??

·
Registered
446 Posts
There was a recall on certain 08 models with bench seat because the wrong combimeter was installed at the factory. They give you a new combimeter with temp., MPG, range, etc.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Traded my 05 CC for an 08 CC 4X4.
I love it. Over 7K miles now and only problem has been a burnt out reverse light.

·
Registered
2 Posts
BayStateSuks said:
There was a recall on certain 08 models with bench seat because the wrong combimeter was installed at the factory. They give you a new combimeter with temp., MPG, range, etc.
Is that a fact, I thought that was a little strange.
Thanks for the info.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts