Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was getting my free oil change at the dealer and they said the trans mount was toast...$392.00 to fix...I'll do it myself...Anyhow, this seems to be common prob with Titans... does any one have a good place other than the dealer to buy a new mount or an after market part that actually will last?

thanks for any help here everyone..

·
Registered
787 Posts
Post some pics of the mount. Are you lifted? We need details. They could be full of it. Also how many miles are on your truck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2008 Titan SE 4 door. No mods,all stock with 55,000 miles...We bought it for my wife's daily driver about 6-7 months ago and it had 30,000 miles on it then...Have been pretty nice to it no real off roadn mainly just a little snow driving...Dealer could be full of it,will look into it soon,crawl under there n check it out..And thanks for the rock auto tip but no luck...Did find one at autopartswarehouse for $56 bucks but the mount they pictured isnt the right one??? thanks for the replies fellas...

·
Registered
14,164 Posts
you could bring it to a fab shop and have them take it off, modify it with steel, put it back on. never break again. only problem is that since its steel holding it, instead of rubber, you get alot of feedback into the cab. i had mine modified for 50 bucks. But the dealership sells the part, and you can put it on yourself if you have tools and patience...the crossmember you have to take out is a PITA to put back in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No problems doing it myself,looks to be straight forward,was just hoping there was a place other than the dealer to get the part...Thanks for the posts fellas and if I find any mount for a better price I'll let you know...

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
No problems doing it myself,looks to be straight forward,was just hoping there was a place other than the dealer to get the part...Thanks for the posts fellas and if I find any mount for a better price I'll let you know...
Good luck doing it yourself. It really does look straight forward... But...The cross member you have to remove is a b!tch! After reading the numerous threads around here about others that decided to do it themselves, I decided to bring it in to the mechanic...The mechanic quoted me 1/2 hour labor. My truck was there for hour and 1/2 because of the troubles they had getting the cross member out and back in. I only got charged for 1/2 hour. :teethmast

·
Registered
81 Posts
i replaced mine about 2 weeks ago, i got the mount from courtsey nissan parts for about $94, i did the work in my drive way the best way to get the cross member off is soak the mounting points with PB blaster, that sucker is pressed in there and then held in place with 4 bolts, other than the cross member it's very easy.

The cross member bolts need to be torqued to 74 FTLB and the trans mount bolts the ones to the cross member and the ones to the trans are torqued to 65 FTLB, now this is for the 4x4 mount not sure about what it is for the 2x4 one, you will need a 1/2" drive 17mm long socket, a 4 in or so extension, a breaker bar, and a tourque wrench all 1/2" drive, a 17mm box wrench the one with the rachet ends it makes life easer, PB blaster and 1 or 2 big pry bars or crow bars. a jack, jack stand, and wheel ramps.

Montrose

·
Registered
56 Posts
i replaced mine about 2 weeks ago, i got the mount from courtsey nissan parts for about $94, i did the work in my drive way the best way to get the cross member off is soak the mounting points with PB blaster, that sucker is pressed in there and then held in place with 4 bolts, other than the cross member it's very easy.

The cross member bolts need to be torqued to 74 FTLB and the trans mount bolts the ones to the cross member and the ones to the trans are torqued to 65 FTLB, now this is for the 4x4 mount not sure about what it is for the 2x4 one, you will need a 1/2" drive 17mm long socket, a 4 in or so extension, a breaker bar, and a tourque wrench all 1/2" drive, a 17mm box wrench the one with the rachet ends it makes life easer, PB blaster and 1 or 2 big pry bars or crow bars. a jack, jack stand, and wheel ramps.

Montrose
And I think that about covers it. Great instructions!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well didnt have any luck getting the part cheaper.autopartswherehouse had them for around $60 but had sold all of em..Everyone was sold out so,I went to the dealer yesterday and spent $140.32 on the mount...Bastards..Heading to my brothers garage to change it out...

·
Premium Member
17,240 Posts
Well didnt have any luck getting the part cheaper.autopartswherehouse had them for around $60 but had sold all of em..Everyone was sold out so,I went to the dealer yesterday and spent $140.32 on the mount...Bastards..Heading to my brothers garage to change it out...
Send the old one to Energy Suspension and tell them to make something decent before I need to replace mine.

Energy Suspension ®
1131 Via Callejon
San Clemente, California 92673-6230, USA
Toll Free (888) 913-6374 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (888) 913-6374 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Phone 1(949) 361-3935 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1(949) 361-3935 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Fax 1(949) 361-3940
energysuspension.com | Welcome
[email protected]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
From laying the tools out to tightening the last nut took about an hour n a half.... I may have found a better way to get the cross member out...I'll try n get a pic up soon of how I did it,hard to explain...Anyway saved myself just shy of $300 bucks,glad I found the time to do it...P.S. pnematic tools are gonna save you alot of time,but you can get it done with out...Thanks for all the posts and a big thanks to Montrose for the torque info....

Also wanted to throw in that the mount I insalled from the dealer is better than the mount I took out..The rubber is thicker and almost seems to feel like its made from a different rubber?? but its definitly a better mount so paying $140 might save me doing this again..Only miles will tell...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts