Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i bought a 08 titan crew cab 2wd its bone stock right now except for wheels and there is a guy that wants to run me in his 07 chevy reg cab 4x4.

anyone run the classic or the new body style gm trucks i realize im giving up weight im still putting miles on it before i run it hard. i didnt buy the titan to race so im just curious as to what some of you have done

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
EXILE said:
i bought a 08 titan crew cab 2wd its bone stock right now except for wheels and there is a guy that wants to run me in his 07 chevy reg cab 4x4.

anyone run the classic or the new body style gm trucks i realize im giving up weight im still putting miles on it before i run it hard. i didnt buy the titan to race so im just curious as to what some of you have done

your titan will smoke him

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
The closest Titan race would be either a Ram HEMI or the new Tundra. Nothing else in the class will beat a Titan whether it be 0-60, 1/4 or otherwise. Now of course we're talking stock vehicles.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Some of the new chevy's have some power. Problem is they don't go wide open til the pedal is pinned down for four straight seconds. This is how they get their gas mileage. Anyways, you'll smoke him. :D

·
Registered
578 Posts
EXILE said:

Does he have a 5.3 or a 6.0 ????

·
Registered
457 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
The closest Titan race would be either a Ram HEMI or the new Tundra. Nothing else in the class will beat a Titan whether it be 0-60, 1/4 or otherwise. Now of course we're talking stock vehicles.
GMC Denalli truck will, lol

·
Registered
602 Posts
I had a new tundra try to race me today. it was funny he tried to get the jump and I nailed it and u she have see his look when my titan jumped him. but I wil give it credit I could not pull away but he could not either so. I need something else like uprev is next

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just took my titan to track this week and raced 07 ext. cab 2 wheel drive chevy, with programmer and intake, my titan ran a 9.6 and the chevy ran 10.4 in 1/8. My Titan is 05 4x4 cc with cai, exhaust and uprev tuned.

·
Registered
674 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
You think a stock Titan could out run a 6.0 stock chevy....Im sure there is no match for the 4.8 or the 5.3 but I dunno about the 6.0.

·
Registered
578 Posts
rgregory1965 said:
You think a stock Titan could out run a 6.0 stock chevy....Im sure there is no match for the 4.8 or the 5.3 but I dunno about the 6.0.

especially if its got a tune

·
Registered
457 Posts
The Denali is a 6.2L V8 403hp and 417# I believe. They are fast. A modded Titan could hang. But stock for stock not a chance.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
rgregory1965 said:
The new Chevy has an issue that keeps it from hitting WOT for 4 seconds after it's floored. Once you let up and hit the gas again, the 4 second clock starts over again. Read the write ups on it. It's over a second slower to 60 than the Titan. When dynoed, they were never able to get the numbers Chevy was claiming. It's also out torqued by the Titan.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
dodson914 said:
The Denali is a 6.2L V8 403hp and 417# I believe. They are fast. A modded Titan could hang. But stock for stock not a chance.
Yes, the Denali, which starts at $42G with the large motor, is a 6.5 0-60 truck.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
Yes, the Denali, which starts at $42G with the large motor, is a 6.5 0-60 truck.
Paid 37k for mine sticker was 42K....I've got Sunroof & NAV

My 0-60's are 6 flat with 22's in Louisiana heat....I have intake and my own personal tune. This truck should do high 13's in the 1/4 mile once I get the exhaust and tune situated....

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
markislive78 said:
Paid 37k for mine sticker was 42K....I've got Sunroof & NAV

My 0-60's are 6 flat with 22's in Louisiana heat....I have intake and my own personal tune. This truck should do high 13's in the 1/4 mile once I get the exhaust and tune situated....
Nice. We're talking stock trucks though. 37g is a steal for any 42g vehicle, but GM seems to be trying to give their vehicles away lately.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts