Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i bought a 08 titan crew cab 2wd its bone stock right now except for wheels and there is a guy that wants to run me in his 07 chevy reg cab 4x4.

anyone run the classic or the new body style gm trucks i realize im giving up weight im still putting miles on it before i run it hard. i didnt buy the titan to race so im just curious as to what some of you have done
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,660 Posts
EXILE said:
i bought a 08 titan crew cab 2wd its bone stock right now except for wheels and there is a guy that wants to run me in his 07 chevy reg cab 4x4.

anyone run the classic or the new body style gm trucks i realize im giving up weight im still putting miles on it before i run it hard. i didnt buy the titan to race so im just curious as to what some of you have done

your titan will smoke him
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
582 Posts
EXILE said:
i bought a 08 titan crew cab 2wd its bone stock right now except for wheels and there is a guy that wants to run me in his 07 chevy reg cab 4x4.

anyone run the classic or the new body style gm trucks i realize im giving up weight im still putting miles on it before i run it hard. i didnt buy the titan to race so im just curious as to what some of you have done


Does he have a 5.3 or a 6.0 ????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
602 Posts
I had a new tundra try to race me today. it was funny he tried to get the jump and I nailed it and u she have see his look when my titan jumped him. but I wil give it credit I could not pull away but he could not either so. I need something else like uprev is next
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
I just took my titan to track this week and raced 07 ext. cab 2 wheel drive chevy, with programmer and intake, my titan ran a 9.6 and the chevy ran 10.4 in 1/8. My Titan is 05 4x4 cc with cai, exhaust and uprev tuned.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
674 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
The closest Titan race would be either a Ram HEMI or the new Tundra. Nothing else in the class will beat a Titan whether it be 0-60, 1/4 or otherwise. Now of course we're talking stock vehicles.
You think a stock Titan could out run a 6.0 stock chevy....Im sure there is no match for the 4.8 or the 5.3 but I dunno about the 6.0.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,565 Posts
rgregory1965 said:
You think a stock Titan could out run a 6.0 stock chevy....Im sure there is no match for the 4.8 or the 5.3 but I dunno about the 6.0.
The new Chevy has an issue that keeps it from hitting WOT for 4 seconds after it's floored. Once you let up and hit the gas again, the 4 second clock starts over again. Read the write ups on it. It's over a second slower to 60 than the Titan. When dynoed, they were never able to get the numbers Chevy was claiming. It's also out torqued by the Titan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,167 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
Yes, the Denali, which starts at $42G with the large motor, is a 6.5 0-60 truck.
Paid 37k for mine sticker was 42K....I've got Sunroof & NAV

My 0-60's are 6 flat with 22's in Louisiana heat....I have intake and my own personal tune. This truck should do high 13's in the 1/4 mile once I get the exhaust and tune situated....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,565 Posts
markislive78 said:
Paid 37k for mine sticker was 42K....I've got Sunroof & NAV

My 0-60's are 6 flat with 22's in Louisiana heat....I have intake and my own personal tune. This truck should do high 13's in the 1/4 mile once I get the exhaust and tune situated....
Nice. We're talking stock trucks though. 37g is a steal for any 42g vehicle, but GM seems to be trying to give their vehicles away lately.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top