Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been gone awhile and was seeing if any new developments have come about for us with 08+ and open diffs? I'm moving to Colorado in May and being I have a 2wd truck (no, trading it in is not an option) any kind of traction aid besides the half dozen of sandbags I'll run in the winter would be helpful.

Not looking to swap to a D60 either.

During my quick search on TT I saw there was mention of a 35 spline Eaton LSD but don't see it in there application guide.

Differentials

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Been gone awhile and was seeing if any new developments have come about for us with 08+ and open diffs? I'm moving to Colorado in May and being I have a 2wd truck (no, trading it in is not an option) any kind of traction aid besides the half dozen of sandbags I'll run in the winter would be helpful.

Not looking to swap to a D60 either.

During my quick search on TT I saw there was mention of a 35 spline Eaton LSD but don't see it in there application guide.

Differentials
I know you said you don't want to swap to a Dana 60. You could swap to an earlier year Titan rear axle and then buy a TruTrac for it. This way everything would still be as Nissan designed except for a slightly older model year rear axle. Just try'n too help.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know you said you don't want to swap to a Dana 60. You could swap to an earlier year Titan rear axle and then buy a TruTrac for it. This way everything would still be as Nissan designed except for a slightly older model year rear axle. Just try'n too help.
Yeah, I thought about that and will keep it open as an option but I'm really looking for an easy (read: cheapest) plug and play kind of solution. I've swapped R&P/diffs before and have a friend that can set the tooth contact patterns and backlash if needed.

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
exactly what he said,

I swapped in an 04-06 used titan rear axle with a true trac and 3.36 gear already installed that I paid $1100 for in my 2008.5 crew cab 2wd. Honestly, it was the absolute best mod I have done. No more worrying about not being able to make it across a lane of traffic with one wheel peel, but now you have to worry about which direction you will be facing when you do try to turn and cross lanes lol.

True story, I broke my windshield fish tailing in TWO lanes of traffic, (no cars were coming) due to body flex after I had my tru trac/rear end installed. After a few mins of driving after the fish tailing, I had a 5in crack dead center near the rear view mirror that eventually turned into, wait for it...17in down and turned 6in to the right. So I bought Nfabworks Traction bars, better handling and acceleration, not to mention a big reduction of body roll in my titan's big ole fat azz. lol.

Got to a junk yard and get a used rear end, order tru trac, bearing/shim install kit, you will be around 1500-1700 give or take.

Nissan should've added an LSD, not a locker, from the factory. Hindsight is a biotch.

To answer your question though, The titan is due for a new generation soon, and with that said I wouldn't cross my fingers in hopes of Eaton/Detroit making a LSD for the 08 newer titans.

Dana 60 or upgraded older titan rear end.

Good luck man, hope I aided in your final decision, feel free to ask me any other Q's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts