Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm running the regular tune with 87 gas, +2 timing, WOT restriction disabled. It was really hot outside (mid 90s) and has been for a while. I have noticed how the truck seems to bog some off the line so I decided to do some test runs.

I am concerned with how rich it is running and the timing seems on the low side. Can I attribute this to the hot temps we have had lately? Take a look and tell me what you think. Mods are in the sig.

YouTube - ‪Titan Bully Dog GT run 1‬‏
YouTube - ‪titan bullydog gt #2‬‏
YouTube - ‪titan bullydog 3‬‏

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Based on what I'm seeing your running pig rich but you may be in luck. I noticed on that last video that your AFR was at 18.6 when you let off the gas. Are you sure you have the AFR conversion set on the correct one? Conversion A is for 07-2011 and Conversion B is for 04-06 Titans. Hope this is your problem so you can go run another and post it up.

PS: If it's set on the correct one it will idle on 14.2-15.0......somewhere in this range.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
yeap... set to conversion A. I'm thinking about getting the S&B intake... think that will help lean me out?

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
yeap... set to conversion A. I'm thinking about getting the S&B intake... think that will help lean me out?
S&B will help put you in the mid-high 11s id say. Looks like you need Uprev. Are u a ffv (flex fuel)?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
S&B will help put you in the mid-high 11s id say. Looks like you need Uprev. Are u a ffv (flex fuel)?
Yes I am Flex fuel.

What about tbe timing... shouldn't it peak around 35? I am only seeing 26-27.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Yes I am Flex fuel.

What about tbe timing... shouldn't it peak around 35? I am only seeing 26-27.
Ill pm u later some good info.

·
Vendor
7,924 Posts
I have the s&b if you want to hear it before you buy pm me and we can take a spin. Your truck sure runs good. The fastest time I have recorded is mid 15's. Just wondering if my truck is programmed right. Is there that much difference between 09 and 05? My mods are in my sign. My truck is a ffv and my a/f is staying about 12.6.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
The fastest time I have recorded is mid 15's. Just wondering if my truck is programmed right. Is there that much difference between 09 and 05?
Same with me. It's the nature of the beast for pre 07 trucks. You can have a factory freak fast truck, a middle of the road truck that loves bolt-ons, or a factory middle of the road truck that doesn't care what you do to it. I think they also need to be driven like a banshee continously to keep good maps in the ECU. Sudden Urge will attest to this as I am stealing his "info" per se when stating such. I got my truck down to a 15.1 with no tailgate and spare when I had a maggie catback, BDGT, and Banks CAI. I was expecting much better. I think my ECu relearned on its own and dropped my WOT.

Oh well, bottom line, we are severely handicapped being 04-06 with no VVT and not so good intake mani and exhaust.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts