Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'm new to the Titan world and traded out my 05 F-150 for a 2009 Titan 4x4 Crew Cab LE. I have been reading some horror stories about leveling kits causing some damage when traveling over bumps or on dirt roads. I'm thinking about a 1.5" or 2" leveling kit but want to make sure there isn't any other purchases needed to make the lift work. Any information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've been reading pretty good reviews about the PRG 2" leveling kit and it seems like a pretty decent kit. Anybody running the PRG that can speak from a personal standpoint?

·
Premium Member
72,329 Posts
1.5" max, from what I have heard, without further mods....

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I have the rough country lift on my Titan. I left the rear stock to give it the pre runner or bull dog look. I rides better to me and gets noticed more. The only draw back is your rear is lower so less pay load capacity. But with the lift you can run bigger tires. Beware that the rough country ucas are bigger than stock or prg so running anything over a 295 70 18 tire might rub. The good thing about the rough country upper control arms is they do not make contact with the coil buckets and you should not have to grind the coil bucket lips. My tires rubbed the ucas with 305 60 18s on stock wheels so i got wheels with a zero off set. But the kit is not expensive. 289 out the door from rough country. It's easy to install. Took me maybe 3 hours. Just have to have an alignment done but that's the same with every lift. And mine raised the truck 2.75 inches not the full three inches.I would order from rough country so they can give you the warranty. They same day ship and took only two days to get it ups.

http://hosting.superhighoutput.com/twr/Titan/suspension/UCA0.jpg
I have seen this kit on my brother in laws 2010 4x4 LE soi know it fits the newer models.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hello All,

I'm new to the Titan world and traded out my 05 F-150 for a 2009 Titan 4x4 Crew Cab LE. I have been reading some horror stories about leveling kits causing some damage when traveling over bumps or on dirt roads. I'm thinking about a 1.5" or 2" leveling kit but want to make sure there isn't any other purchases needed to make the lift work. Any information would be appreciated.
I would buy bilstein 5125's for the front, they have no problems and ride great, and no upper bucket contact.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the PRG 1.5 on my 08 cc with 275/70/18 bfg A/T. It does look much better and it rides better as well. They say if you have a 4x4 they only recommend a 1.5 or 2. but i have heard of people having probs with a 2 so if your just going to level id go with a 1.5 it makes it look perfectly level and doesnt make it nose high.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
I think the PRG 1.5" kit is your only option unless someone else has came out with a 1.5"... The 2008+ models are pretty well maxed out as is, it's nice to see that Nissan stepped them up a notch... No kidding, the new Pro-4x is fairly close to my 6" lifted Armada, pretty impressive for a stock truck IMHO...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts