Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
92,287 Posts
True. More HP across the board and less "nose". Should sell them. Dodge guys are loyal. Not very smart, but loyal. :lol: Awe c'mon! It had to be said. :jester:

By the way, you have two exact duplicate threads here. You should delete one of them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,510 Posts
This should be in the off topic. It is not worthy enough to have Dadge in the general Titan area!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
BK19702 said:
Dodge should sell a few of these with the Cummins option, especially if the MPG is decent.

Hopefully Nissan goes the same route in 09 or 10.

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/2009/dodge/ram/spied/page1.html
Dont know if the Cummins will get any better MPG.They are going from a inline 6 to a new V8 design.Should be interesting what kind of power that thing could put out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,714 Posts
Helinut1970 said:
This should be in the off topic. It is not worthy enough to have Dadge in the general Titan area!

I'd say its okay, the Dodge Hemi is proabally the Titans biggest competitor, and we like to see what the competition is going to be bringing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,568 Posts
boya544 said:
Dont know if the Cummins will get any better MPG.They are going from a inline 6 to a new V8 design.Should be interesting what kind of power that thing could put out.

Yeah I saw that too. No way are they sticking a V8 Cummins Diesel in a 1/2 ton pickup. My dad has the current gen inline 6 turbo diesel in his 3500 dually. I swear that truck would pull his house off its foundation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
976 Posts
did anyone catch the article (in the same link) about Toyota's $100M country wide tour promotion for the Tundra. It was about the stop over at Infineon raceway in Cali. TRD expects to be offering a supercharger for all 3 engine options by the end of '07.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
SpiritOne said:
Yeah I saw that too. No way are they sticking a V8 Cummins Diesel in a 1/2 ton pickup. My dad has the current gen inline 6 turbo diesel in his 3500 dually. I swear that truck would pull his house off its foundation.
On Trucks! they put a Duramax in a GMC 1500 single cab...it had amazing power and it got like 22 mpg hwy. I'd sure as hell buy a diesel in a half ton if I had the chance! The diesel engine cycle is so much more efficient than gas it's unreal -- not to mention its longevity...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
371 Posts
We here at TT have been needing a diesel half ton for mileage for years now. Nissan is just behind the 8 ball and came out with the long bed before diesel engine which was needed.

I am still looking for the first company to come out with a 30 MPG half ton diesel truck. They would be the richest company on record.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,859 Posts
COTitan said:
I am still looking for the first company to come out with a 30 MPG half ton diesel truck. They would be the richest company on record.
I googled Cummins V8 and found a different write up. The new V8 would get right at 30MPG weigh in about 775 versus the 1100 of the InLine6. The power would make you want to throw up, not to mention the HUGE aftermarket support on Dsl's. I would love for Nissan to get on board with a Dsl, but I saw the new CC Titan with the longer bed today and it was nice and all but not interested. Put a simialr V8 dsl in it and we are talking 1st year test bunny all over again.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top