Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put some 1.5” spacers on a 2017 Titan sv with factory 20” rims and it is causing some slight rub on hard turns and especially in reverse. The passenger side makes slight contact with the lower portion of the bumper. The drivers side has about .25” clearance from the bumper. Both sides will rub the mud flaps on hard turn. I did the mod just to make a little more aggressive looking without spending a ton. Looks cool. How can I correct this? Was eventually thinking of doing a 3” lift but not so sure I want to open that can of worms

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Lift, trim bumper/pinch weld, lose mudflaps, take off spacers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks will try. Wasn’t sure if alignment was out because one side was rubbing on the front but not the drivers side. Was the lift a pain? I’ve heard bad things with the control arms and other things getting all screwy

·
Registered
105 Posts
Here's my '19 Platinum Reserve with a 3 in lift w/35x12.5r20's for reference if you decide to go this route. Minor trimming on the inside front bumper and inner well fenders. Didn't touch the pinch welds and no rubbing at full lock.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
My lift was not. I have a 2" spacer along with Bilstein 5100's set at 1", but I'm on 295/70R18's so not quite 35's. If you go with spacers above 1.5" you'll most likely need new upper control arms. I have 0 rubbing, but it's very close at the pinch weld.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts