Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 4wd titan. Will a 1.5 spacer from prg work on my saw coilovers? I have a 5/8 spacer now. For some reason i thought greg told me 5/8 was the biggest i could stack on. But maybe he said that was all i needed. It was like 8 years ago hell i do t remember.

·
Registered
449 Posts
If I recall its not recommended. Are you 4wd?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes

·
Registered
449 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Prg sells a 1" spacer for coilovers. It's the 5/8" one you're talking about. You can do a 1.5" overall lift spacer, as long as you don't crank the coilover too high. BUT, if you have extended travel coilovers, you will be doing some grinding, regardless what uca's you choose.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have about 1.25 "-1.5" preload on em. I wanna take some off i think its a little stiff. Im in carrollton too. I was thinking if i took a 1/2" off the preload and added the 1.5 spacer. Badda bing badda boom. Ha right?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh and if you have problems with ur cv boots. Go to carquest thier replacement cv axles are bigger. I went through like 3 oems and replaced em with the ones from carquest and havnt broke yet.

Reactions: honda250xtitan

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I have about 1.25 "-1.5" preload on em. I wanna take some off i3 think its a little stiff. Im in carrollton too. I was thinking if i took a 1/2" off the preload and added the 1.5 spacer. Badda bing badda boom. Ha right?
I ran a 1.5 spacer and about 1.25 preload on my pro4 and it was a nice ride. Mine popped, and clunker over rough bumps though, probably because I kept my sway bar. Later on I learned the sway bar was useless. Lol

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Thank you for the car quest idea! thats where i'll go when my cv's go out again. cause they will. pro4x with coilovers and 2" spacers.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No problem, it took me about 3 i think before i found that out. I hadn't ever dealt with car quest before but i need something there i can't remember what and one of the guys actually lived down the road from me. He asked what i was working on. I told him about my cv axle and he said i should've bought it from them. Most of all their parts has a lifetime warranty. So he said if it breaks again they will replace it and pay for labor. That was the real initial reason i bought it. The dealership was like 15k or something stupid like that. Well when i received it noticed right away the boot was bigger and showed it to him. He swore it was a direct oem replacement. So i put it on and it fit fine and hasn't gave me any problems. I posted about it many years ago. I don't know how you go about making a sticky about it but i think it'd be well worth it.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
No problem, it took me about 3 i think before i found that out. I hadn't ever dealt with car quest before but i need something there i can't remember what and one of the guys actually lived down the road from me. He asked what i was working on. I told him about my cv axle and he said i should've bought it from them. Most of all their parts has a lifetime warranty. So he said if it breaks again they will replace it and pay for labor. That was the real initial reason i bought it. The dealership was like 15k or something stupid like that. Well when i received it noticed right away the boot was bigger and showed it to him. He swore it was a direct oem replacement. So i put it on and it fit fine and hasn't gave me any problems. I posted about it many years ago. I don't know how you go about making a sticky about it but i think it'd be well worth it.
i think mod's have to. and it basically takes a peaceful march by the entire forum to create a sticky thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts