Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been reading about the radio problems on this board while waiting for my truck. I was hoping that my radio wouldnt have the problems everybody has been experiencing. No such luck - FM sounds like AM or worse 80% of the time - CD's sound great. I did as some have suggested and called the 1 800 number in hopes of getting some assurance that they new about the problem and where working on it. The woman I spoke to said she had never heard of this problem and suggested I contact the dealer. I explained that it appears to be a common problem among Titan owners and that a number of owners had called. She said "there was not even a bulletin on the issue so there must not have been to many complaints". She explained that they would ussually issue a bulletin for known problems. My problem was logged into their system and she said that these calls about problems get passed on to someone else to review.

I have read the posts from some assuring that the problem is being worked on and a fix is in the works however calling Nissan did not give me any reassurance. Does anyone know who to call other than this number to assure that something is being done? Is there a more effective contact than whoever picks up the phone. Love the truck - don't like the answers I got from Nissan about this problem.

·
Registered
662 Posts
What's funny was that last week when I called to make an appointment for service, I mentioned this problem to the Service Manager and he told me he had never heard of that problem AT ALL. A week later, I brought it up again to the SAME GUY when I took the truck in and this time he told me he had heard of this problem from MANY people. I have to wonder about these guys sometimes. Needless to say, since there doesn't seem to be a current fix, I told him not to put it down for THIS service visit.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
waitingfortitan said:
Well I have been reading about the radio problems on this board while waiting for my truck. I was hoping that my radio wouldnt have the problems everybody has been experiencing. No such luck - FM sounds like AM or worse 80% of the time - CD's sound great. I did as some have suggested and called the 1 800 number in hopes of getting some assurance that they new about the problem and where working on it. The woman I spoke to said she had never heard of this problem and suggested I contact the dealer. I explained that it appears to be a common problem among Titan owners and that a number of owners had called. She said "there was not even a bulletin on the issue so there must not have been to many complaints". She explained that they would ussually issue a bulletin for known problems. My problem was logged into their system and she said that these calls about problems get passed on to someone else to review.

I have read the posts from some assuring that the problem is being worked on and a fix is in the works however calling Nissan did not give me any reassurance. Does anyone know who to call other than this number to assure that something is being done? Is there a more effective contact than whoever picks up the phone. Love the truck - don't like the answers I got from Nissan about this problem.
I Hear ya!!!
Every time I called about my radio, the person who anwsers the phone says they have not herd of This! :huh:
I tell them that I have only called 15k times on this!!!! :rolleyes:

And that I've been told many times that they are working on this!!! They then pull my file No. and tell me, well there's NO New information on this at this time but that Eng. is working on it!! I've asked them how come every time I call you guys you all say you have not herd of this! I say to them, don't you guys talk to each other. Or send some memo's or something! They all tell me they don't! So I think what I've been told must be right! Because everybody that seems to call them gets the same story!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Same here when I called all 4 times. I don't like being patronized with their
"I'm so sorry to hear that" but your the first person to report this. Is there anyway someone could send all the posts to their manager?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Where do the Engineers hang out? Are they all there in Canton, MS?

Maybe a call in to one of the Speed Network channel shows might get some publicity...

·
Registered
330 Posts
I guess I'll waist my time and go to a dealer today and get someone to ride around with me and listen....to the FM become AM...... :crying:

I thought Deepwater had this issue solved and than Nissan RF and whoever were working on a solution.

Meanwhile my radio dances from Stereo to boom box from _ _ _ _ everytime I use it!!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Bonefish said:
Are these problems with the base radio or the Rockford upgrade (standard in the LE)?
I don't know for sure about the base stereo but it is a problem on the mid level 6 disc stereo and on the Rockford Fosgate stereos.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Here is my update on the radio. Every time you call you usually end up with someone new talking to you. Today I had a great person and asked if there was an update on the radio issue. She said she had not heard of it "sound familiar?" but would check for me. She got back with me and said the dealers had been notified of three parts that should be changed out but no final technical bulletin has been done as they are still researching it. I am waiting until they get the FINAL fix, which will be soon from what I hear, and then I will have the dealer fix it. This problem is with not only with the RF but with those of us that have the regular 6 disc stereo system. I know how annoying this problem is but it looks like we are real close to a fix. All of you need to call the dealer and ask them to call the tech line and see what these new fixes are. I want to see that final bulletin that will guarantee the solution. The radio is so strange as some days it acts like it is not possessed but then it happens, the mono from hell. Hang in there guys as I am sure we are soooo close to the answer and the solution!! Also remember not all Titan owners have had this problem which also makes it stranger. Have a great weekend and keep on driving the best truck out there!! :cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts