Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i did all the mesurments build a box at work came home to cut the hole for my sub and after seing that something is not right i relised that sub that i had for last 2 years in the garage its not 10" its 12.......... F%@K....... well i gues i need to buy a 10 ". can some one sugest it good 10 " that will give me lots of bass? i have a pioneer 6300 head unit and ORION cs150.2 amp.. it did sound really good with my 12" so i'll need some thing that will at least mach that ...but louder is always better ..THANX
is it possible to fit a 12"in a king cab??

·
Registered
196 Posts
hit up tech12volt, he should be able to hook you up with something, Maybe a SI or Memphis? What kind of sub do you have right now?

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Not sure what 12 you had before?

Is your box sealed or ported?

If it is sealed I would Highly Recommend a TC 1000, they have 28mm xmax and 37mm xmech (if you have the clearance for that kind of excursion....)
http://www.tcsounds.com/tc1000.htm
the X-max helps when going sealed, these are SQL woofers though and have pretty linear travel up to X-max so they sound great. Beyond X-max the sound quality will of course drop as with any woofer.

If you want SPL then get a ported box tunned really high but it will sound terrible and there are better drivers for this...

What power does that amp put out @ 2 ohms? I'm guessing at least 300 watts right? If you want to go louder than what you have now and use a smaller sub, thats probably not going to happen unless for example your switching from sealed to ported.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
12" rockford fostgatePunch HE 400W
thats what i had
amp is a ORION CS150.2 that can be bridge at 300Watts x 1 @ 4ohm
box is sealed
is 4ohm better then 2?

·
Registered
530 Posts
there is only 11inches form the back to the edge of the seat .... so it will stick out a few inches ...

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
yzchamp said:
12" rockford fostgatePunch HE 400W
thats what i had
amp is a ORION CS150.2 that can be bridge at 300Watts x 1 @ 4ohm
box is sealed
is 4ohm better then 2?
My Bad I thgouth someone recommended the Punch HE :rolleyes:

4 isnt better than 2 it depends on what sub you want to run. That is a pretty small amp to power many subs, even if orions are a little underrated.

You want a single Voice Coil 4 ohm or Dual Voice Coil 2 ohm for that amp if you want to run one sub.

I have an AA Assassin 350 RMS @ 4 ohms (According to AA it can handle more power in a small box I was powering it with a 600 RMS amp with the gain set low). It is practicaly new condition that would match that amp nicely. Probably won't be louder than a 12 because it is a smaller driver (10"). It has excelent SQ though and I'd hate to sell it but It is just taking up space here and I have some new woofers I want to get that won't fit in a titan. How big is the box? This one worked well in .65 cuft, recommended is .75 for music though. Not an SPL woofer, but you will like the price.

Assassin is 5.75 inches deep, 350 Rated RMS @ 4 ohms, I can get pics if your interested. If not I have other suggestions...

Otherwise you might want to look into a more powerful amp.

Just so happens I have an amp I'm thinking about selling as well that is double the power of your orion but it's just an older hifonics.

·
Registered
129 Posts
With the power you have from that amp, I might suggest an Resonant Engineering RE 10" Asks for 175w RMS 250w MAX, but it can easily handle more power. do you know the specs of the box you built? whats its internal volume?

·
Registered
530 Posts
just make a box for some 12's .. that would be your cheapest deal... adn then give me the box for the 10's

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
jkelley3209 said:
just make a box for some 12's .. that would be your cheapest deal... adn then give me the box for the 10's
more 12's ? That would require a larger amp and possibly some custom fiberglassing work to get them to fit well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the amp i have was running that 12" just fine before .. just a matter of building box that will fit under the seat and still fit the sub ............well i never sit in the back so les leg room wont bother me:)
Dos any one have dimention for the 12 " box for king cab??

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
yzchamp said:
the amp i have was running that 12" just fine before .. just a matter of building box that will fit under the seat and still fit the sub ............well i never sit in the back so les leg room wont bother me:)
Dos any one have dimention for the 12 " box for king cab??
I beleive one guy fit 2 12's in the back but he had a custom fiberglass box made, and in some peoples opinions there was probably not really enough airspace for 2, but he said it sounded great and no1 else here has heard it so it was probably fine for the kind of bass he was lookign for. He had JL 12w3's if I remember correctly. It was a REALLY tight fit and will probably require quite a but of fiberglassing because of mounting depths. What is the mounting depth of your 12?

I did not mean that your amp will not power a 12, it should, but it probably would not power an additional 12" of the same type very well (Might as well stick with one).

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,981 Posts
One ported 10" sub will give you the most output and match up with that amp the best. Tech12volt has a very nice ported Memphis setup that is worth a look. If you decide to build a sealed enclosure build the box on the larger side of spec.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts