Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I'm new here, but it seems to be the place for a question like this. I have a Kenwood KFC-W2505 10" sub that I want to build a box for. I want to put the box under the passenger side of the rear seat of my 04' Crew cab Titan. I don't want to mess with lifting the seat or anything like that. I would like to build the box myself, not only to save some money, but also because I like doing that kind of thing. The sub I am using came out of a 7th order, ported box that really hit hard in a Grand Prix that I had. I am hoping that one of you out there can help me out with plans for a box that will work as good as the first one did. Thank you all for the help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok so yeah u can go and make your own box...or you can go to JL Audio like i did and bought a stealthbox...carpeted like the floor and looks/sounds sick.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the time, materials, and tools to do this myself, I just don't have any plans for a good box that will work like it should with the sub that I have. Oh, and whatever gives the best quality sound is what I want to build. Whether it's ported or sealed.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Well, I gaurantee you won't have the room under your seat to build a ported box. The 10 should fit without a problem. What is the mounting depth? I am running 2 10" Polk Momo subs under my back seat. Their mounting depth is something like 5.75"...HUGE for that size speaker.

If I had plans for the box I built, I would send them, but I just measured and cut...as I went.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you give me some time, I can make some plans for you that would work really well for your sub. I just need to do some research first. Would you like upfire, or down? What amp will you be using on this sub?

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Sorry to bring up TC sounds again, but they have some subs that work well with Passive radiators (works like a port) that will fit in less than a cubic foot in some cases, and you can tune a passive radiator but adding or removing weight. Most people laugh at PR ideas but I'm sure if the subs were designed for them it would work fine.

Does kenwood give any specifications? Theres several programs available that can give you box dimensions (you will find you have limited space and may need to use both sides of the seats) Sealed boxes are typicaly much smaller. you might be better off getting a sub that uses more power and can provide more output and building a sealed box (which is less efficient) to save space. They usualy sound better too just a thought!

Whatever you do I would fire the port towards the doors.

IMO it's not worth building a box this complex for such a sub (POS IMO) your better off just getting smething decent and building a sealed box for it. I have never liked Kenwood Subs and a $35 Kenwood sub would leave me disappointed for sure.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
debos titan said:
:deathsent

yeah i have cheep subs but they will work for now...
You have a $35 kenwood? I have a $80 sub that I like a lot...So nothing wrong with cheap but this sub is not work all that work of fabricating a ported box to work for it IMO.

·
Registered
596 Posts
no i have RF p1's thay are not bad but my amp pushes them to hard. they will start to pop at loud volume. along with my factory door speakers.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
5,015 Posts
you will need to do those sealed. And do not waste your money on a stealth box. Its overpriced. Its a nice box but overpriced. your probably not going to get the recommended airspace for thos kenwood subs. but if you can get close you are good.

get with me at www.tech12volts.com and i will send you plans for a box for your truck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts