Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard a few things about Nissan only making 100,000 Titans. Does that mean only 100,000 for 2004 or is that total? If that is total then what happen after that? I just don't want to miss out on getting my Titan at the end of the year.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
100K a year. Why would Nissan spend so much to build a new plant, design a new engine and invest in so much for only 100K sales.

Think before you ask questions like that - the answer is always right in front of you.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
CaliforniaTitan said:
LOL easy RR....
It has been a long day - sorry pyromedic, no offense meant.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,369 Posts
Understand RR - Pop a beverage of your favorite color and lean back and think about opening up the Titan on a long stretch of road.......

Chris
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
CaliforniaTitan said:
Understand RR - Pop a beverage of your favorite color and lean back and think about opening up the Titan on a long stretch of road.......

Chris
I had traffic control duty this afternoon and to watch a 2 hour St. Pats Day parade instead of being able to drive my baby around on a sunny afternoon.

I am cranky :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,155 Posts
be glad that Nissan is only building 300,000 total titans for the first three years :cheers: and that's a fact... the resale is going to be much higher for anyone wanting to sell theirs 4-6 years from now - perhaps for a newer titan, besides we've got the best truck on the road and i like knowing there is a limited number of them. its hilarious :jester: when i see ford 150s in different colors one after the other, talk about a bland truck. Smoked :smoke: a little rice rocket today, an acura rsx type s. i know how he feels i traded in my civic si in for my titan which was the smartest investment i have ever made.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ouch rrumaner,

Having a bad day I see. I thank you for your replies from all. I feel better knowing I will be able to get the Titan I want even if I have to wait till 05'.
And since we are all a very civil group rrumaner is forgiven...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
rrumaner said:
100K a year. Why would Nissan spend so much to build a new plant, design a new engine and invest in so much for only 100K sales.
QUOTE]

The Nissan plant in Canton also builds Quest, Armada, QX56, as well as our beloved Titan. They will be adding Altima there too. The engine is also used it the Armada and QX56.

Most truck owners are very brand loyal and would never consider a replacement from another brand. I think I remember reading that Toyota only sells about 100,000 Trundas a year. It's a tough market to crack. If you can get 95,500 of your closest friends to buy one, I think Nissan will find a way to build a few more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Since all those other truck owners have yet to see the light, I say we keep taunting them with what we know is the best truck on the road! Have you smoked a Ford lately? :smoke:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
622 Posts
Canteen Titan said:
Since all those other truck owners have yet to see the light, I say we keep taunting them with what we know is the best truck on the road! Have you smoked a Ford lately? :smoke:
just the other day i smoked one, some stupid kid pointing and laughing at me, he saw nothing but my tailgate. i would have to say of all big 3 owners i have seen so far, silverado owners seem to be the rudest, i'm breaking my engine in so im not gonna race a lot yet, but they always fly off the line of stare me down, i love it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,155 Posts
holy jeezuzz, i was passing a car the other day and holy crap i tell you the titan doesn't even have a chance to throw you in the back of your seat, the passing power is plucking unbelievable. actually, the feeling is much like a rock in a slingshot, you seriously get launched :haveredfl
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
It really is quick! When passing another car, I dont' think I've seen the tach go above 3500 RPM nor do you really need to kick into the passing gear! I suspect if you punch it hard enough, it will plant you back in the seat! :cheers:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,451 Posts
100K units may be their advertised "target," but if people want to buy more than 100,000 Titans, they'll make more than 100,000 Titans.

Why would anyone want to race in a Titan? They have a horrible power to weight ratio and are downright apathetic in the aerodynamics department.

They may be faster than other trucks, but isn't that like bragging that poop stinks more than other poop? It's still all stinky poop...

If you want to go fast, buy an STi or an old Supra.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
35,729 Posts
Austin said:
100K units may be their advertised "target," but if people want to buy more than 100,000 Titans, they'll make more than 100,000 Titans.

Why would anyone want to race in a Titan? They have a horrible power to weight ratio and are downright apathetic in the aerodynamics department.

They may be faster than other trucks, but isn't that like bragging that poop stinks more than other poop? It's still all stinky poop...

If you want to go fast, buy an STi or an old Supra.
I take it you don't drive a Titan? :eyebrow:

Do you drive a truck?

Want to go fast with good aerodynamics, try a F-14, 15, 16 etc. Everything else is poop!

Poop is realtive, so is speed. :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,451 Posts
37L1 said:
I take it you don't drive a Titan? :eyebrow:

Do you drive a truck?
My Titan is on order right now. I've had a pickup for the last 15 years. I had an old Ford, bought a Tacoma, bought a Tundra, now I'm buying a Titan.

I've also got a 75 Landcruiser with an LT1 in it.

I've also got a couple fast cars - one that weighs about 1/2 of what a Titan weighs and makes about 80hp more.

I guess these people who're awed and amazed at the speed of a Titan just haven't ever driven a really fast car...


37L1 said:
Poop is realtive, so is speed. :)
What is realtive?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
Austin said:
My Titan is on order right now. I've had a pickup for the last 15 years. I had an old Ford, bought a Tacoma, bought a Tundra, now I'm buying a Titan.

I've also got a 75 Landcruiser with an LT1 in it.

I've also got a couple fast cars - one that weighs about 1/2 of what a Titan weighs and makes about 80hp more.

I guess these people who're awed and amazed at the speed of a Titan just haven't ever driven a really fast car...


What is realtive?
guess you are missing the whole point. :huh: if we actually compare our truck the Competition in its Class it is pretty darn quick. not just a stippped down 1/4 mile truck you dont enjoy driving some distance in , but a practical truck that rides good, can come with many features too many to mention, has off road capability, and can smoke just about all in its class not to mention some rice rockets if we want to. why? because we can. :gunz: if you wanna talk about speed, it can go to any extent, at least were staying in the context of big trucks. btw, ive owned many hotrods in my day and could say that you still havnt driven a fast car.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,155 Posts
i'm not about to call anyone a less-off, considering she/he has not even driven (test drives don't count) a TITAN YET... but you have yet to factor "gearing" in the equation. Power to weight ratio is all fine and dandy and so is aerodynamics but everything must be accounted for, plus i'm not going to even attempt towing a boat with a "Supra" but thanks for the advice on the whole 80 more horsepower thing. i'm going to be content smoking a vast majority of cars and trucks on the road and then turn around and tow just about everything, including a Supra stacked on top of a Tundra. till you get your TITAN you'll realize its all just numbers and that on road performance will speak volumes. :flamed:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
37L1 said:
I take it you don't drive a Titan? :eyebrow:

Do you drive a truck?

Want to go fast with good aerodynamics, try a F-14, 15, 16 etc. Everything else is poop!

Poop is realtive, so is speed. :)

I AM NOT REALTIVE!!! (or relative)
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top