Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone

I'm looking to see what I should do at 100,000 miles if anything and what are the amounts of all the products I will need to do the tune up 110% so my car is like new lol please any info will help!!

Bart's Titan

·
Registered
912 Posts
New shocks, brake pads and rotors, make sure fluids are fresh and topped off. Inspect, radiator hoses for leaking as the transmission line is know for busting and potentially causing catastrophic issues. Fresh differential fluid, clean air filter, check the tranny mount, replace cabin air filters.

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
if yours is like most titans ... a steering rack and struts/shocks would go a long way haha
If his was like mine (struts that is) they probably wore out at 36k miles.

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I did the shocks getting struts done soon changed cabin filter and put s&b intake in for air filter going to change the spark plugs tranny fluid and diff fluid ( gear oil fluid 75-140) too I'll check the hoses too anything else u guys think I should do???? Thanks for the tips much help !

Bart's Titan

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
Fuel Filter, Transfer Case Fluid, E-Brakes, Power Steering/Brake Fluid, Drain/Flush the radiator and then add some conditioner to it. Note: when you replace the plugs, look into replacing the rubber boots on your coil packs. Also, when you reinstall said coil packs, make sure you load them up with dialectic grease.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
serpentine belt and PCV valves.
Battery connections, my positive one was broken causing issues.
Rust around bed tool box if you have one.
Exhaust pipe connection behind muffler, can be rusted through and burn wires.
Rear axle vent if you haven't already.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
You're getting good advice here. Look at wear parts (brakes, belts, hoses, filters, etc.) and fluids first, as those are easy and usually relatively inexpensive compared to major mechanical rebuilds or replacements. Then start thinking about some of the parts which will obsolesce in terms of function like window switches, relays, actuators, etc. If you haven't looked it over, consider reviewing the thread on refreshing a first gen titan. It may already be a sticky, but it's easy to find with the search function. Plenty of good advice there.

Beyond that, your truck is going to tell you a lot about what it needs. Climb under, around, and in the truck, getting your head and eyes on everything you can. If a bushing (sway bar, steering rack, etc.) is all cracked and dried, might think about sourcing a replacement. Same with mounts (motor, trans, transfer case, leaf spring, etc.). If you have dirt or grime, clean it off. If it returns quickly, look for fluid leaks or grease being thrown there. Address those. You know your truck better than anyone (or at least you should) and it shouldn't be too hard to see/hear/feel all the possible things. Take your time and make a list and evaluate the best bang for the buck if you can't do it all at once.

As far as brakes, have your rotors mic'd before you replace them. My wife's 2004 Expedition with 193k+ on it is still on the factory rotors, having had them turned once. We bought the truck new in 2004, so I know all the history on it. I suspect they will need replacement soon, as they're starting to pulse again, and I'm doubtful they can be turned a second time. I'll check, though, as those parts don't really wear out until they're too thin to be turned again. Might save you substantial money on things like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts