Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I would like to ask your opinion on this.
The dealer that I bought my truck from (40miles away) called me to bring my truck in for the 15000 miles service, they tell me that is a big list of things they do for around $500
My local dealer, who I used for service called me to say that my 11K is up ( I actually have 10500 miles) and they do a few things, I am not sure what, and it is around $300.
What is the difference between those services?
I have the Gold extended warranty to the truck and I think, I am not sure, that I need the bring the truck for services to the dealer so NOT to Void the warranty.??
Shall I boughter with either one???
Thanks for the imput!!
David- Nashville.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Most of the things they do are crap to get your money. Just do the items that are in your manual, those are the only things requried. You can do them yourself and they can't void your warranty. I only bring my truck in for warranty items, I do everything else myself or at my friends shop.

·
Registered
340 Posts
i paid $115 for my 15,000 mile service.

·
Registered
202 Posts
the 15k, is what you need. check your owner's manual and decide what kind of maintenance service best for you truck. $500 is allot of money.

·
Registered
264 Posts
What the hell do they do at 15,000 miles?! Change oil? Hell the air filter isn't even dirty. Honestly...why bring it in until 30,000 mile service? To me, if you are doing normal maintenance(changing the oil regularly, air filter, fluids), then you don't need to take it in.

Save your money and do the 30,000 when you need a tranny flush.

·
Registered
718 Posts
moulin6801 said:
Hey guys, I would like to ask your opinion on this.
The dealer that I bought my truck from (40miles away) called me to bring my truck in for the 15000 miles service, they tell me that is a big list of things they do for around $500
My local dealer, who I used for service called me to say that my 11K is up ( I actually have 10500 miles) and they do a few things, I am not sure what, and it is around $300.
What is the difference between those services?
I have the Gold extended warranty to the truck and I think, I am not sure, that I need the bring the truck for services to the dealer so NOT to Void the warranty.??
Shall I boughter with either one???
Thanks for the imput!!
David- Nashville.
Don't want to get screwed by dealer (any dealer)?

Follow these simple steps:

1. Drive to dealer (any dealer)
2. Hand maintenance booklet to service writer
3. Say: "I only want the items on Nissan's schedule performed'
4. Notice the smile disappear from service writer's face

Wait a while

5. Pick up Titan, pay bill, drive off into sunset

NEVER go by the dealer's recommended schedule, they always pad the list with unnecessary BS, and sometimes leave off items that you DO need.

If you want to know what the service is going to cost you, check the estimate at edmunds.com: http://www.edmunds.com/maintenance/MaintenanceServlet

(11,250 service should be around $35)

·
Registered
969 Posts
11k? 15k?

what is that?

they just called me about my 15k.. well i already did it all.. there is nothing on this truck anyone can change or fix that needs work.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
You should follow the book as everyone has recommended. Your truck will last a long time if you just follow your manuals instructions. No need for additional maintenance. $500 dollars for a 15k maintenance, what a joke!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts