Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking at getting this wheel and tire package (Moto Metal 951 with 285/65/18 Terra Grapplers):

4x4 Wheel and Tire Packages

Which offset should I get? The -12 or the +18?

T is 08.5 4x4 with a 1.5" PRG leveling kit. I have no issues doing the PWM, dropping the mud flaps, or remolding the wheel liner.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
+18 mm in case you want to run taller tires in the future, (they stick out 3/4" more than stock). The -12 mm will stick out 2" more than stock, so will be more likely to cause pinch weld rubbing for a given tire, (although with 32.6ish diameter 285/65R18 you might not rub, especially on a newer Titan, even without the leveling kit).

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks NorCal. At some point I do plan on putting a 6" or taller lift on and running 35's or 37's.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Thanks NorCal. At some point I do plan on putting a 6" or taller lift on and running 35's or 37's.
The -12 mm offset 18x9 will be fine for a 35 with a PC stage 1 lift, with the pinch weld mod, but to fit 37's you will have a better chance with the +18 mm offset. And an even better chance with a stock rim.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Cant really go wrong ether way. I think the -12's would def give it a better stance especially if or when you get a 6'' lift on it. Yes you may have to do the pinch weld mod, but i like the aggressive look it has when they stick out a bit. Post pics when you get em! :hat:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again for the help guys. Still unsure of which I will get because I don't know how tall I plan to lift it in the future. The -12's will stick out more, but will the fronts and rears stick out the same amount?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Thanks again for the help guys. Still unsure of which I will get because I don't know how tall I plan to lift it in the future. The -12's will stick out more, but will the fronts and rears stick out the same amount?
2" from where they are now.

Looks even according to the '09 owners' manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again NorCal. Your a life saver.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it bit the bullet and ordered the Chrome Moto Metal 951's with the -12 offset paired with 295/70/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers. This will give me the look that I like until the T is paid off and then I'll be putting a 9" lift and 37's on. But I don't know how some of you do it. Just spending $1900 made me sick to my stomach. No clue what a $4000 lift will do to me. :fktardxpl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts