Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My autometer tranny temp gauge just came in and I'm looking at the instructions. I need a 12v that will come on when I turn on the lights (for the lite in the gauge), and a 12v that comes on when I turn the key. Can anyone help me out (location, wire colors, etc.)?

Also need a good ground, so if you know of one under the dash that's particularly nice, let me know. Otherwise I'm not really expecting finding a place to ground to be difficult.

Thanks gents!

(btw, the sport comp II seires is a near perfect match for the stock panel gauges... so if you're looking to get something that'll match, this series in the autometer line is the way to go).

·
Registered
129 Posts
12volts green (40A) + ignition harness
Ignition black/red + ignition harness
Headlight blue (L), red/yellow (R) + IPDM E/R, brown 8 pin plug
There are ground posts all over, just look for a bolf w/ wires going to it.:bangit:

I would meter everything before you slice into tho :eek2:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yamaguy88 said:
12volts green (40A) + ignition harness
Ignition black/red + ignition harness
Headlight blue (L), red/yellow (R) + IPDM E/R, brown 8 pin plug
There are ground posts all over, just look for a bolf w/ wires going to it.:bangit:

I would meter everything before you slice into tho :eek2:
sorry for the delay... but i'm just getting around to this this weekend.

do i understand correctly:

12v Ignition (key-turn activated) = a black/red wire located in the ignition wiring harness

and as far as the 12v to the lights (meaning activated when i turn the lights on), i'm a bit confused... do you mean there's two options because one wire is for the left headlight and one for the right - meaning i could tap into either? and what's "IPDM E/R, brown 8 pin plug" mean? what is that?

thanks!

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Yes if the gauge has an illumination wire (let it light up when you trun the light on) than tap that into the red/blue stripe, this is the parking light wire so it's just one wire no left right.
If the gauge require a 12V ign source than tap that to the black/red @ ignition harness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts