Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there anything that can be done? I'm getting less than 250 per tank. The only reason I havent traded it in yet is because 400 bucks a month in gas is cheaper than a car payment.

My wife drives the truck since she works closer and shes a pretty conservative driver. All the miles are city driving.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
That's very good for city MPG.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Its a v8 truck cheap fill-ups and high mpg's went out the window when you bought it.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
432 Posts
Are you lifted/leveled or running LT tires? I'm getting about 12mpg city and that's driving like an 80yo.

Prior to the mini lift and LT tires, I was getting about 14mpg so 13mpg isn't bad for a 1/2 ton V-8.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you lifted/leveled or running LT tires? I'm getting about 12mpg city and that's driving like an 80yo.

Prior to the mini lift and LT tires, I was getting about 14mpg so 13mpg isn't bad for a 1/2 ton V-8.
Stock truck, 4X4 Off Road, Dueler AT Revos. Thanks. Just noticed thats better than the advertised city MPG. Guess the fuel pump got to me today....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Is there anything that can be done? I'm getting less than 250 per tank. The only reason I havent traded it in yet is because 400 bucks a month in gas is cheaper than a car payment.

My wife drives the truck since she works closer and shes a pretty conservative driver. All the miles are city driving.
So are u averaging 13 MPGs? Or are u getting 13 MPG out of 19 gallons? Cause thats pretty good gas mileage....

I barley get 13 mpg on a good day and all i got is a s&b intake.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Stock truck, 4X4 Off Road, Dueler AT Revos. Thanks. Just noticed thats better than the advertised city MPG. Guess the fuel pump got to me today....
I'm not gonna tell you it's a 4X4 truck and it's not gonna get great mileage....you already know that. I have the "E" rated BFG AT KOs which are MUCH heavier than stock P rated units and I'm getting about 12 MPG around town. I also have the longbed but that should'nt make a huge difference.
All you can really do is keep your tires properly inflated and go easy on the go-pedal. I know that's not what any of us want to hear but...lol...that's really about it. I have the BullyDog PowerPup tuner and any gains in mileage claims are, as Judge Judy would say, a lot of WHO SHOT JOHN. We have a new Murano and I use our 01 Beetle (33MPG BTW) so my 08 Titan only has just over 28k miles on it. I can't afford 12 MPG everyday either!

·
Registered
777 Posts
I get 10-11 pretty much no matter what I do, I might get 13-14 on the highway under 70mph.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm getting 13 as well. I drive so slow that any granny could pass me. I don't have any real highway driving under my belt to see. I hate the mileage especially at $1.30 per litre ($4.862 per gallon) but it is a V8 and goes like stink.

·
Registered
787 Posts
13 seems bad for stock. I can push a tank of gas to about 270 miles which is my record so far on 12 mpgs and I have 35" heavy mud terrains on 20" rims and it is 100% city driving. The only thing else you can do is switching to and from neutral whenever you are approaching a stop from a distance and accelerate as slow as possible, im talking under 1500 rpms. Over the course of your tank of gas it will add up.

·
Premium Member
46,415 Posts
You have BT, that doesnt help

spark plugs and air filter in good shape?

All the mods in the world wont help as much as a well maintained vehicle

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Never switch from D to N coming to a stop. It does nothing for fuel mileage and isn't good for the transmission. The same way putting it in N going downhill uses more gas because if left in D, compression runs the engine while the injectors are shut off. In Neutral, the injectors have to use fuel to keep the engine at idle. There''s MANY articles about the topic.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You could get a new car like an altima with a payment of around $300/month. buy used and it goes down from there. We just bought a 2000 bmw with 80k miles for $8k and it gets well over 30 mpg when driven lightly. something like that the payment would be lower than $200(we outright bought it so I am not sure on payment terms). Shop around and explore your options.

Dazdasp...why even compare yours to anyones?

you have 4.10 gears and 35s. That isnt even close to the same ratio engine to ground as either gear option with the 32" stock tires. You act like jumping up to 35s is a big deal, when it was only a 9.375% difference in circumference. The difference in gears with your 4.10s at worst is a 22% higher gear reduction(opposite direction of the tire size increase effects) for you over the stock 3.36s. This means you are turning your engine a good bit more to go the same distance in the same gear. Also means you probably use 5th gear where we use 4th, and 4th where we use third, making your RPMs lower than a stock geared titan up until a point...the point you have no more gears to shift to. Basically you gave yourself a 6-speed tranny and lost 6th.

I was running 33" mud tires on my jeep and was getting 11mpg on stock axles. Regeared to 4.56 with 1-ton axles and 37" tires and now I get 13mpg. Its all in the gears, and you have different than any factory titan. Yours is actually geared to run better in city driving so you should have as good or better mileage than a stock setup in the city(but I am guessing you dont see good mileage at 80 mph).

·
Registered
787 Posts
Geekers, lets just bash on me then. I'm simply adding in my opinion on the subject as to how I achieve my gas mileage. Idc what anyone says, switching from D to N helped me go further on a tank of gas and that is proof from the field. Jumping from stock tires to 35" muds on 20" rims makes a huge difference considering I lost 3mpg right off the bat, so yeah, its a big enough deal to be able to mention it. So maybe what the op could do is get re-geared if hes doing city driving..At 80 mph my mpgs are barely different, I run just under 3k rpms which isn't too bad.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Geekers, lets just bash on me then. I'm simply adding in my opinion on the subject as to how I achieve my gas mileage. Idc what anyone says, switching from D to N helped me go further on a tank of gas and that is proof from the field. Jumping from stock tires to 35" muds on 20" rims makes a huge difference considering I lost 3mpg right off the bat, so yeah, its a big enough deal to be able to mention it. So maybe what the op could do is get re-geared if hes doing city driving..At 80 mph my mpgs are barely different, I run just under 3k rpms which isn't too bad.

LMAO...Believe what you like. Some people believe in BigFoot too.:ftard:

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Alright guys settle down. Kiss and make up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was told to get the K&N cold air intake and get a superchip.The guy I was talking to swore up and down on how it was saving him gas. he claimed he was getting 4 to 6 miles extra a gallon??? But I do have to say you can add all the extras that may help but it comes down to brain to foot to gas pedal.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts