Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I couldn't find the answer. I believe both the 16-19 Titan and the 15-19 F-150 both have 5.5' beds. If I could get my hands on a 5.5' Hard Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover that came off a 2018 F-150 Crew 5.5', would it fit on my 2018 Titan Crew Platinum Reserve ? I'll also mention I have both the rail system and titan boxes.

I also may have our bed size confused....some places say 5.5', some say 5.6' and some say 5.7'

Thanks!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I would just check part numbers on a couple of the major tonneau mfg. web sites to see if they are the same. For a hard cover the distance between the rails must also be the same as the bed length - that's doubtful to be that lucky. If they are a match, you would still probably need different mounting hardware. The rails usually require different brackets from a non-rail truck, however if the cover dimensions are the same you could possibly order different mounting hardware from the mfg.

Since the truck is new, why not just get one that actually fits the Titan? They're can't be that many used ones available even for the more popular Ford. If someone is selling a used one off a new Ford, I would certainly question why they are getting rid of it (i.e. probably not a very good cover).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would just check part numbers on a couple of the major tonneau mfg. web sites to see if they are the same. For a hard cover the distance between the rails must also be the same as the bed length - that's doubtful to be that lucky. If they are a match, you would still probably need different mounting hardware. The rails usually require different brackets from a non-rail truck, however if the cover dimensions are the same you could possibly order different mounting hardware from the mfg.

Since the truck is new, why not just get one that actually fits the Titan? They're can't be that many used ones available even for the more popular Ford. If someone is selling a used one off a new Ford, I would certainly question why they are getting rid of it (i.e. probably not a very good cover).
Good call, the part numbers are different even though they're the same size. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts