Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,
Just wondering what everyone is doing to help fuel economy.
I have a k&n intake. Anyone notice mileage increase from exhaust systems?
I have a 5” lift and 35x12.5 grabbers so maybe I’m dreaming!! I get 13 ish hwy and 10 ish in town....
Anyone do anything that has made a difference?
SV 4x4

·
Premium Member
69,816 Posts
Dream on!! Drive like Gramps.

Reactions: ziggspeed

·
Registered
899 Posts
Hey gang,
I have a 5” lift and 35x12.5 grabbers so maybe I’m dreaming!! I get 13 ish hwy and 10 ish in town....
SV 4x4
Go back to stock..

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would have to agree with Kenedy. These trucks are already thirsty and all of that added weight and drag from the lift and tires surely isn't helping your mpg's any. I am on a load D tire and took a hit just from that, but don't really worry about it because it made towing my travel trailer just that much better.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Hey gang,
SV 4x4
My 17’ SL 2wd averaged 19.5mpg
My 19’ Pro4x is at 18.1mpg for exact same driving and all stock..

In all seriousness I think your mileage is on target....

I have a buddy with a 17’ f150 eco lift and 34’s averaging 13.3.

Play hard...Pay hard.....

·
Registered
153 Posts
I consistently get 21 highway mileage with my '19 S king cab. Of course that is setting the cruise at 68 mph and kicking back enjoying the tunes.

When towing my goal is to not strain the drivetrain but I know I am going to get what I get. It is worth it to me to have my bikes with me when I am on weeks long work trips.

If you are only going off road on the weekends, maybe you should get a beater commuter car for weekdays.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2017 Sv CC 4x4. The profile pic is my 04 Cc that I just upgraded from.
yea, I knew the lift/tires would affect mileage, was just curious if anyonefound improvements with exhausts/etc.
not the end of the world!

·
Registered
899 Posts
2017 Sv CC 4x4. The profile pic is my 04 Cc that I just upgraded from.
yea, I knew the lift/tires would affect mileage, was just curious if anyonefound improvements with exhausts/etc.
not the end of the world!
I’ve tried both on 1st gens and never noticed any mpg improvement...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Heavy inner city driving nets 15.5, and in more highway been running 17.5. Straight highway 20-21mpg. Though like several have said before depends on driving style.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My truck has 7700 miles on it. Typical commute is a mix of interstate and city 50/50 but a few 700 mile round trips towing my 21' bass boats are in the 7700 miles. My average to date for the life of the truck is 13.9 mpg. I've kept a record on fuelly app. My best has been a couple of 400 mile interstate trips at 17.3 mpg.

All stock 2019 Pro4x.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts