Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am going to be getting some 17'' with 35'' BFG ATs here soon and was just wondering what the desert guys would suggest? Pro Comp has some decent stuff... should I bite the bullet and buy Robby Gordon 17x8's or not invest that much into the wheel? I like the Classic Lock Black Mickey Thompson but it only comes in a 17x9... Should I only be looking at 17x8's for desert running?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
The closest 17" BFG KO to a 35" is the 34.5" LT315/70R17. Many have run this tire in the OEM Off Road package's seven spoke 17x7.5" alloys. So you would be fine with an 8" or an 8.5".

I don't think he was a desert runner, (bracket lift with coilovers), but Fox Delta ran the 37x13.5R17 Toyo M/T on the 7.5" wide OR rims. I saw them, and they looked good. Their spec sheet lists an 8.5" rim width as the minimum, so they weren't as out of spec as a lot of combinations guys run. We even aired down to 12 psi for better snow/ice traction and they kept the bead.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
14,150 Posts
Definitely should do the method wheels. The street wheel in black looks sick.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Eagle Alloy 063. Saw them in a picture on motorvisions truck and fell in love.

·
Registered
878 Posts
IMO the RG wheels are overrated... and usually pricey... the methods are then new shizzle... and yes the street wheels are fine. if you were gonna do serious prerunning then i might suggest the the beadlocks but you prolly dont need them... and a 35/12 will fit that wheel you linked...

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Here's my fav! Methods look like they belong on a rally car :huh:

BTR has been hard at work to accomidate as many truck manufacturers as we can. The 2nd generation 17x8 TT wheel will have unsurpassed caliper clearance and a huge strength increase. This wheel will be avaliable in bolt circles from 4.5" to 6.5" allowing it to fit the trucks currently racing. Please see pictures below for specific dimensions regarding offset, back space, and width.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I am looking for wheels too. My truck is a street truck so I dont want anything aggressive. I want something chrome. I checked out url=http://www.KickAssRims.com]KickAssRims, Because Stock Rims Suck![/url] and found some cool styles, but am unsure of what size to get... any suggestion on size?
Depends on the year, model and lift that you're running. Those rims would be a poor choice for a stock Titan or a prerunner, IMO.

Better off with a 8" or maybe a 8.5" width, and closer to stock's 5.5" backspacing. Those would need a really tall lift or really small tires, or a lot of trimming. Even my 8" rims with 4.5" backspacing, rubbed at the pinch weld when leveled with a 2.5" PRG kit, and running 34's. Stock rims would have cleared.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Main question with the Method street wheels is will they fit on my truck and clear the caliper? I am having the manager of discount tire, a good friend, hook me up with wheels and tires. He wants me to make a list of wheels I want and the tire choice will be the "LT315/70R17 BFGOODRICH A/T KO 34.36" approximate height". He is a cool guy and is hooking me up pretty well...

So far I have these for wheel choices:

Method Race Wheels: Street wheels MR30178560500
Size: 17 x 8.5
Offset (mm): 0mm
B. S. (in): 4.75"
Bolt Pattern: 6 x 5.5
Hub Bore (mm): 4.25"
Wheel Finish: Flat Black

Eagle Alloy: Series 063
17x9 Matte Black

Procomp:
Xtreme Alloys Series 7005 Black Finish
Part Number: 7005-7883
17x8, 6 on 5.5 Bolt Pattern
Backspace = 4.5 in.
Max Load = 2200lbs
Finish = Flat Black
Hub Centric = No
Offset = 0mm

I am wanting to stick with a flat black finish and I don't see that a beadlock is necessary... main question is will these wheels clear the caliper on my 2005 and what would be the strongest/best lasting... What backspacing and offset should I be looking for? I am going to have a custom bumper made with a single tire rack built into it so I am buying 5 wheels/tires...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Man those BTR's are badazz

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Man those BTR's are badazz
They are but I'm not sure if Discount Tire can get them... I'm sure they will be able to get the Methods, Eagles, or the Procomps...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts