Nissan Titan Forum banner

17's or 20's?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  RxZ 
#1 ·
I have a set of matte black Pro Comp 20's and a set of stock 17's. Time for new tires. Looking at going with 35's. Not sure if I should keep running the 20's or powdercoat the 17's. 20's give a wider offset but are a pain to keep balanced and aligned. Ideas?

#2 ·
17's look way better and yeah, aftermarket rims are tough to balance because of where the weights need to go.

I'm thinking of painting my OR Pkg rims, and putting my 34's on them, then trying something smaller that might balance better on my aftermarket set. There is also some product that is called DynaBeads (ceramic shot), that some have had success with, and someone posted that on Pirate4x4, there were people using AirSoft BB's as a cheaper alternative to DynaBeads for balancing. Idk

#4 ·
Step 1 complete. Bought a set of BFG MT35 12.50 17 on Craigslist for $195. 80% tread. Now to powdercoat the stock 17's and sell the 20's. I can't wait to see the new look!

#5 ·
Pismo Beach with the new tires/wheels.

#6 ·
Perhaps I need to be more diligent with my Craigslist searches. I always here of people getting great deals! Your truck looks great too, I personally favor the look of big meaty tires on a truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.