Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to buy this rim with a 5" BS and 0mm offset and BFG AT in 285/65/18. I was wondering what yall thought. I have a PRG mini-lift. Do you think I will have any rubbing or fitment issues?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
05Offroad said:
I am wanting to buy this rim with a 5" BS and 0mm offset and BFG AT in 285/65/18. I was wondering what yall thought. I have a PRG mini-lift. Do you think I will have any rubbing or fitment issues?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
So it's a 18x9, right? The b.s. is 1/2" less than OEM 18x8s, so they will be an 1.5" further out than stock. Tires are fairly small though ... about 33x11.7", so it might work.

Worst case would be having to do the Kartman's pinch-weld-mod, just a little cutting at the pinch weld, and fender liner re-shape with a heat gun.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
yea they are 18x9. I am planning to go with that size tire to try and eliminate any issues that might arise.

What BS and offset (besides stock wheels) is everyone running? Do you have any rubbing/fitment issues? Do you have any lift or a leveling kit? What size tire are you running?

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That is rim size and offset per the ProComp 6" lift instructions...but may rub depending on the tire. My buddy just put on rockstars with the same specs and 325/65/18 tires and they rub 'slightly' at full lock (w/ PC 6").

BTW, I ordered those rims with a set of 325/65/18 terra grapplers last week from 4 wheel parts...600 bucks for a set of forged 18" rims is a heck of a deal.

Just FYI...procomp is supposedly discontinuing there forged line of wheels and sticking with cast only...hence the good deal.

Tom

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great info! I did not know they were being discontinued but either way it was a great deal.

How 'slight' is the rubbing on your buddies truck. Granted you and him are going to be running over 4" more lift then me but you also have a much larger tire.

Please post pics when you have your rims/tires on. Also let me know if you have any rub/fitment issues.

I will do the same.

Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, these wheels (ProComp Forged 18X9, 5" BS) do NOT clear the face of the caliper. The spokes of the rim interfere with the caliper bracket. These wheels <might> clear with 4.5" BS...

I have a Stillen big brake kit and the perpindicular distance from the rim mounting surface on the disc to the caliper bracket is 0.85". The perpindicular distance from the mounting surface on the rim to the spoke is 0.45"...so no way will it fit. After this, I put my STOCK brakes on the bench and the dimension above is 0.75"...so either way I don't think these rims will work. Honestly, with that shallow of a distance b/t spoke and mounting surface, I can't see the rim working in many applications.

Anyhow, ProComp makes a similar style in cast version that has the spokes angled out towards the rim lip which should increase this dimension, so I am going to give those try tomorrow.

I thought we had a good deal on this one...oh well.

Tom

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
NorCal 4x4 said:
So it's a 18x9, right? The b.s. is 1/2" less than OEM 18x8s, so they will be an 1.5" further out than stock. Tires are fairly small though ... about 33x11.7", so it might work.

Worst case would be having to do the Kartman's pinch-weld-mod, just a little cutting at the pinch weld, and fender liner re-shape with a heat gun.
Enkie rt6 wheel in a 18x8.5 has 0 offset and their site doesn't give any bs info.Anybody know what the bs is on this wheel and how much it will stick out compared to stock?Thanks.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Nominal width plus one inch, divided by two, plus offset.
4.75" b.s.

Oh and it would stick out 3/4" more due to b.s. (stock SE/LE '04-'07 was 5.5" b.s.), then another 1/2 more due to width, so 1.25" more.

O.R. b.s. was 5.375" but only 7.5" nominal width, so 1.625" more than stock.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
NorCal 4x4 said:
Nominal width plus one inch, divided by two, plus offset.
4.75" b.s.

Oh and it would stick out 3/4" more due to b.s. (stock SE/LE '04-'07 was 5.5" b.s.), then another 1/2 more due to width, so 1.25" more.

O.R. b.s. was 5.375" but only 7.5" nominal width, so 1.625" more than stock.
Thanks again NC.I sure do like those wheels but I do not plan on a lift or anything so I really don't want the wheels to stick out alot.Some would be ok but over 1.25" is alittle more than what I'm looking for.I guess I'll keep looking.Any recomendations?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I have a -12 offset 17x9" and 305/65R/17 and they rubbed a little but my offset is worse and tires wider... so I don't think you'll get as much rub if any at all... I have 4wd OR w/2.5" leveling spacer if it makes a big difference... should sit the same height leveled maybe .5" higher since I used a larger spacer..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts