Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys-

I’m looking for opinions. I got a 2019 Titan (non XD) platinum reserve this past January. From them till now I moved from North Carolina to Florida. The truck pulled my utility trailer down to Florida with no problems at roughly 4K pounds. I’m looking to get a boat next year. The setup I’m looking at will end up being 7,500-8,000 pounds rolling down the road depending on how much gas is in the boat. I would try to keep my tongue weight to 10% but no more than 12%...so 750-950 pounds, depending.
I have the off-road package with the 275-70-18 General Grappler tires. I know motor-wise the truck can move the weight but I’m worried about the rest of the truck. Anybody tow this heavy with your non XD Titan and if so, how does it do?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
That's a lot of weight to be towing on a Class III without a weight-distributing hitch. You'll need to be sure you have trailer brakes in excellent condition, and that you are loaded correctly every time.

For reference, I tow a wakeboat with my 2011 Pro4X Crew Cab, frequently. I've towed it as long as 200mi one way. Having the trailer and truck balanced and the hitch level set correctly is one of the keys. My setup runs close to 5500lbs wet weight on the trailer, so not nearly what you're towing. If you went with electric brakes (or electric over hydraulic) you could tow with a WDH and you'd be fine, providing you don't load up the truck with 1500-2000lbs of gear and people.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts