Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I feel like this has been a topic that has been out there for a while but i can't quite get a a clear answer.

I have a 2010 Crew Cab SE that I just installed tow mirrors from 1AAuto. I am happy with the way they fit but don't see a need for the re-enforcement plates provided. My stock mirrors had 4 threaded studs on the back with mounting nuts when i removed them. New mirrors bolted right up. Am i overthinking it that the re-enforcing plates need to go on and I need to modify the new mirrors that came with 3 long bolts and washers per mirror??

New tow mirrors had no instructions and I cannot find anyhting online to help.

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had no problems. Drivers side mirror is great, passenger side mirror seems to be at a bit different angle but they both are much better towing the new camper. Passenger mirror a bit shaky at high speed but not horrible

·
Registered
57 Posts
Awesome thanks. I just got mine on there. I like the way they look and look forward to testing them out when I pull the camper this weekend.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Better safe than sorry, I say. The reinforcing plates do just that. The tow mirrors are heavier and produce more drag. Sport mirror mounts aren't made to withstand those kinds of forces. Just my two cents.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts