Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up fellow T owners... I've been roaming aroung the site for about a day or two and finally decided to post.

Like everyone else (or mostly everyone) i wanna lift my truck :)

I bought an 07 CC LE from carmax back in August of Last year. It came it a leveling kit, which size kit? im not too sure and since then all i've done was put on some 285/70/17 BFG mud terrains which i love.

I figured i would get a PA 3" BL and then maybe later throw in a 6" suspension lift but when i called the local 4wheelparts here in Las Vegas and they quoted me $1,000 for labor...?He said that its a two day job and how its a lot of work. I have no doubt that it's a lot of work, especially from doing a little bit of reading on here, but $1K?? someone please tell me that they're obviously out of their damn mind. :ftard:

So i came back to this site and said eff it, im gonna spend a little more and go with a RC 6". now from my understaning from doing a little reading on here is that a BL is probablly harder to install than a suspension lift, right or wrong?

I plan on ordering the lift this week and the best deal i found was from JC whitney for $1,185. Now my question is for anyone living here in Las Vegas that knows of any shops or that wouldn't mind helping me do the install in my garage? I have no problem paying for help espcially if you semi know anything about how the process should go. Although im not brain dead when it comes to wrenching i've never done any suspension work except for some lowering springs on a Subaru i used to own before i traded it in as a down payment for the T.

Thanks again for the help/advice.

·
Vendor
711 Posts
Wow, 1K is ridiculous but 4wheelparts is a rip off machine so that doesn't totally shock me. I paid like $450 for mine to be installed on my old Titan. You can do them yourself but you'd need to plan a good weekend with a friend to help to get it done right.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
right on man, i would have no problem paying a shop $450 or anywhere around that much but to drop a G on labor for a BL is just nonsense.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I bought my 6" suspension lift from them here on Phoenix and they installed it for $450, your local 4wheelparts must me ripping you off then

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah theres defintly no doubt about them ripping me off.

Thats a pretty sweet deal you got. So its safe to say that a BL is a lot harder than suspension lift or about the same?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Hey Stang, just do it the right way and buy a 6" RC (being the tallest/cheapest) for around $1300 OTD. If you are unsure on the install, I have looked over the instructions and they aren't that bad at all, but just get with some friends on a weekend. Push comes to shove, there are some cool guys over in vegas (and around) on the forum that would be more than happy to help for some beer.

Edit: Not to mention that if you run into a snag just post here and you should be answered fairly quick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts