Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went mudding yesterday, didn't get good pix, but my sister inlaw got vids so I'll try to get them later :)

swampers kick azz and I actually only ran in 2wd and even came out of the hole in 2wd (that one took some momentum) as my 4wd wasn't engaging since I had the slip and abs lights lit up and the dash board was trying to tell me it was still christmas lol :teethmast anyway, here's a couple pix...

for all the haters who don't like my tires sticking out 8+ inches :fu: :p I still got my 35x20"s just need new rubber so I got these on til then, and they will be my mud set. they're even wife approved LOL

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Sick! I like that look... can you go bigger on the tires?

I'm thinking about spacers for that "bulldog" tough stance... prob not as far out as yours, maybe a couple inches.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Sick, I would have to go a few sizes bigger thought. I love them sticking out like that. You should go post them in my thread. To lazy to link right now, Sorry. Deffinatly post videos.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Good times with a good lookin truck

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
unfortunately no, larger tires will need alot more lift. my fenders are trimmed about as much as baja glass fenders and it still rubs a bit lol. I have 5.5" front lift about as much as a stage 1 bracket lift I clear my 35x20"s even with the 1.25" spacers no probs, so it's alot worse than that lol.

wheels are 16.5x14" welds, they have 3 5/8" backspace, so minus 1 1/4" for spacers gives about 2 3/8"s backspace which means the other 11 5/8"s are out from the brakes or something like that. that's just the rim lol. I have more sticking out past the brakes than alot of guys have of total rim. not too many guys run 14" wide rims, and NO ONE on here to my knowledge do it with such a backspace as mine.

if I add a fabtech with coilovers I can clear 35"s I think... MAYBE 36"s I don't think any bigger than that... I'm probably going to keep them on the side just for mudding as the wife said I can, pretty much. but I'd like to have more lift and taller tires as well :) if I put the money into the lift and getting it high enough I'm possibly getting to the same price as a solid axle swap I would imagine if I could source a solid front and match the rear to it at least, I seen an old chevy fs with solids for cheap spare (axle's) in the bed so I think I could get the 4x4 shop to do that one for me. I don't need cruise and I have an XE so it may be a little easier with none of the bells/whistles but I'm not sure. I just am gonna have to find out the differences, as really I'd prefer a solid swap if it's gonna cost me only $2,000 more and they're like 3/4 or 1 ton axles so it would be kinda cool go with like 40"s on these rims solid axles with a HD limited slip and a air locker up front or something...

I dunno, could sell them if the interest comes so I can eventually get Real wheels 16x18"s and put boggers on them. but I'm not sure the tranny or transfer case would hold to spinning large 40" or so boggers even with 3/4 or 1 ton axles and gearing :( so I suppose the best answer would be to get a HD truck lol. anyway, alot to think about when contemplating something like that. we'll see, I'd like to do the reals w/boggers but solid axle is something I'd want, and when calcing that kinda money I think it's not worth doing without a diesel truck. I saw a ram w/175k on it for $6,000 on island but I don't have a job so if I want to do something like this it'll be a ways off... I may just leave it as is and get a quad to play hard with lol. the titan did ok in the mudd I took her thru but I didn't go deep it was only like 2' deep max the water/mudd combo by watching the vid of going thru the middle of the pit.... here's a frontal shot :D to show my tires sticking out lol.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
truck looks great man...... how's the paint holding up with the tires sticking out so far??

have you considered that clear 3m stuff? just wondering because i went under some trees and it scratched my roof... can't imagine what mud like that may do
we mostly drive the wife's expy as it's alot nicer (07 w/22"s, 2wd so rides smooth and is pretty decked out) so I haven't put alot of use on the truck with these tires... maybe 500miles so far if that lol. I got it muddy before and it washes off, was actually muddier :) with stock wheels/tires, that was a workout for the truck for sure. I didn't do nearly as much crazy stuff to do it this time but it was less mudd overall lol my truck is hardly a carpet queen... about everything on it is for performance not looks lol. the lift is to clear bigger tires pretty much for either the 35"s and ground clearance for rock offroading to the beaches, or the wide 33"s for mudding :D both need as much lift (more really than I have) but it works so far, I just play within it's limits as much as possible lol.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
your truck is lookin siick!!! keep em on!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

ehhh, traded for some skinney azz 18x10"s with some negative offset and skinney azz 33x13.5"s...

unreal the difference the wheels/tires make. easy to see in my post how hawaiian style tires/wheels tho only like what 4" wider on wheel and 2" wider on tire make such a huge difference to the american style wheels/tires... I don't like them.. can't wait to put the 35" mud grapplers on these 18"s later this week or next, then sell these crappy one things.. also going to put new toyos on my 20"s so I can run it daily, then get another set of wides to run whenever for fun :) cruising and mudding. I may not, I may just get rid of this truck soon and get something I can really romp with.. oh, the swampers look UNREAL on my buddies crewcab 04 tundra with a 10-12" lift they look like 35"s or 36"s on his truck since there is gap around it. looks better preportioned not short and wide even tho they are... like a monster truck not a mall crawler with the skinney tall tire look. oh yeah, and I won't begin to tell guys who don't know how wides ride in mud or sand.. airing down is non-exsistant... there is absolutely no need to... it brEEZES thru mud or sand in 2wd.. boggers are the best tho. ride like crap on the road tho... and rock, anything but mudd or sand really imo. look sicker than hell tho...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Howzit Braddah,
did you have to run spacers to run the 16.5x14 wheels? I get one 07 with 35s and 20s but I love the look of the "Hawaii style". Let me know if can then I on a mission for buy some rims like that. Much Mahalos.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Your truck looks frickin mean

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
Look's like a sled pulling truck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts