Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hit 1500 miles on my Titan about the time my wife's Camry was due for it's oil change, and I decided to do them at the same time. I had never put the two filters side by side, but the Toyota OEM filter that goes on the 4cyl Camry is a little bigger than the Nissan OEM filter for the Titan. I know the Toyota filters are excellent, and I considered trying to put one on the Titan, but then I thought the operating pressures or something like that might be different. Anyway, I thought I would share that.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
07cajuntitan said:
So I hit 1500 miles on my Titan about the time my wife's Camry was due for it's oil change, and I decided to do them at the same time. I had never put the two filters side by side, but the Toyota OEM filter that goes on the 4cyl Camry is a little bigger than the Nissan OEM filter for the Titan. I know the Toyota filters are excellent, and I considered trying to put one on the Titan, but then I thought the operating pressures or something like that might be different. Anyway, I thought I would share that.
yeah our oil filters are kinda puny

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Never ever just change filter types! Many feaures determine how it works, and a casual change of type is a quick trip to the junk yard! The nissan filter does a great job, dont worry about it at all.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What mileage is your first oil change due? I thought it was 3,000 just like most other cars!

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
3750 is the std, but many change the original oil sooner, in case excess metal dust is in from the mfg process.

·
Super Moderator
93,679 Posts
I changed mine out at the three month interval. Interesting note about our oil filter. I have been using the K&N filter lately, and the Titan uses the same filter as my 6 cylinder Accord.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts