Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody. Just bought an 04 Titan Crew Cab w/ Off Road Package.
Love the truck alot.
I have the factory 17" rims on it and I want to put a 2 1/4" leveling kit with a 3" body kit on it to put some bigger tires. I have read some of the posts here and I have been getting some mixed ideas about what will fit and what won't? Can anyone shed some light on this for me? What tire size should I be able to fit with that set up? And with the leveling kit alone what should I be able to fit?
Probably a stupid question, but I am just not wanting to spend some money on a body lift and not be able to get any bigger tires in there. I was hoping I could get some 35's???
Help please!!!
Thanks

·
Registered
785 Posts
35s should fit with just a leveling kit and a pinch weld mod(search). if you add a body lift you should have plenty room. a '04 4x4 takes a 2" leveling kit

·
Registered
383 Posts
Like previously stated. Stock rims, no problem fitting 35" tires with just the leveling kit. If you decide you want aftermarket rims, that opens a whole nother jar of worms. If you stick with the stock backspacing (believe it's about 5.71"), you can run 35"s. But the less backspacing=more rubbing on the inner fenders. You could even install a BL and still have rubbing. It's pretty much all about the back spacing.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I have a body lift and it is great except the front bumper rattles a bit because of the new brackets not being as beefy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey everybody, thanks for all the input. I am going to keep my stock rims for the winter here as we get a lot of salt etc. For the summer i have a set of Pro Comp 7033 in a size 17x9 and i beleive the backspace is 4.75?? Does this make sense? Sorry for the stupid questions but I, for some reason can't get my head wrapped around tires at all..haha. I am pretty sure the set up I am going with will be the 2" leveling kit and a 3" body lift. Will I have any trouble in the summer when I switch to my pro comp rims? Thanks again everybody!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts