Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the 2.5 inch leveler kit (spacer) in the front of my 06 Titan. I notice when I go over bumps & the suspension unloads, the upper control arms hit the spring buckets. I did grind the bucket lip as much as I could, this helped some but not enough. Is there any way to stop this or will changing it to a 2" spacer prevent this? Thanks. KF, Buffalo NY.

· Registered
6,128 Posts
helomech said:
Do you have a 4X4? If so you should not go any bigger than the 2" level kit.
What he said^^^

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
54warrior said:
What he said^^^
Bummer, yes it's a 4x4. You guys are sure that the 2" won't hit?
1/2" extra makes that much difference huh?
If i'd known that I would have installed the 2" kit. Oh well, I'll do it & just chalk it up to experence. I should have researched it a little better before doing it. Just that the write up about the kit (on e bay, NCD Customs) said no change in handling, ride or travel. Said nothing about it hitting.

· Registered
1,019 Posts
gnonice said:
Bummer, yes it's a 4x4. You guys are sure that the 2" won't hit?
1/2" extra makes that much difference huh?
If i'd known that I would have installed the 2" kit. Oh well, I'll do it & just chalk it up to experence. I should have researched it a little better before doing it. Just that the write up about the kit (on e bay, NCD Customs) said no change in handling, ride or travel. Said nothing about it hitting.
2" will hit on occasions, but not as much as the 2 1/2"

· Super Moderator
167,597 Posts
Yeah, ask around here before you do stuff. There's always someone around here who will tell you what a bad idea things like that are. :rofl:

Lots of very knowledgeable folks around here. Feel free to ask. Might save you some money, and might save you some very expensive mistakes. This one wasn't too bad. Put the 2" on and you'll be just fine. :)

· Registered
681 Posts
yeah i made the mistake of putting a 2.5 on my 4x4 also.....top gunz customz said it was make for 2x4 and 4x4......mine does hit, but i rarely top out my suspension so it doesnt bother me....its not worth the hassle of swaping it for a 2.0

· Registered
2 Posts
I just called the top gun guys and they said they had not heard of any problems with the 4x4's but he would have to talk to the owner. They could most likely make a 2" kit.

Thanks for the info, I alsmost bought one of those.

· Registered
2,437 Posts
Have you tried contacting NCD (im guessing thats the kit you bought since you mentioned their ebay ad) and seeing if they can help you out by maybe switching it out? They do make a 2 inch kit also. Worth a shot.

· Registered
216 Posts
I just called NCD and talked to them. They were very helpful. I voiced my concerns about getting the 2.5 spacer because of the 4wd. He said that the 2.5 will rub more on the spring mount, but the fix for that is to do a bit of grinding. He also mentioned that the 2" spacer will only lift the front enough to be almost level, whereas the 2.5" is enough to lift it level it not a little past level. I feel confident in buying the 2.5 spacer even while having 4wd. My brother also has the same spacers on his '06 CC 4wd w/ no problems. My 2cents. hope it helps. The 2" and 2.5" are the same price at NCD, go big and enjoy it.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
spoonman said:
Have you tried contacting NCD (im guessing thats the kit you bought since you mentioned their ebay ad) and seeing if they can help you out by maybe switching it out? They do make a 2 inch kit also. Worth a shot.
Yes, I called him and the first thing he asked me was is it a 2 or 2.5 inch. I told him it was a 2.5 & he said to grind the bucket edges. I had already done that but when going over railroad tracks (I cross every day going to / from work) it does it every time. I'm not talking balls out, flying over but normal, slowdown type of crossing. He said I could buy his tube upper control arms but that was about it. I was disapointed he didnt offer me the 2" in exchange. Although his product was excellent quality, If I buy the 2" I won't purchase from him.
Anyone want a 2.5" cheap!! lol.

· Registered
2,437 Posts
gnonice said:
Yes, I called him and the first thing he asked me was is it a 2 or 2.5 inch. I told him it was a 2.5 & he said to grind the bucket edges. I had already done that but when going over railroad tracks (I cross every day going to / from work) it does it every time. I'm not talking balls out, flying over but normal, slowdown type of crossing. He said I could buy his tube upper control arms but that was about it. I was disapointed he didnt offer me the 2" in exchange. Although his product was excellent quality, If I buy the 2" I won't purchase from him.
Anyone want a 2.5" cheap!! lol.

How cheap :teethmast . Im looking for a 2.5 kit for my truck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.