Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 radflo shocks for the rear that are 2.5" diameter and have the external res. I bouht these off a kid on here for $500 and when they arrived he never sent me the bushings so I had to take them to a machine shop to have all new bushings made, was just over a hundred bucks then I had them on my truck for a month before I sold it, In that month they only ran with like 85psi of nitrogen because living in rural canada couldnt find anywheres that serviced shocks or had 200 pounds of nitrogen. Anyways When I was selling my truck I took them off because the old guy buying it didnt care to have them. The shop that took them off for some reason unscrewed one of the reservoirs before throwing it on back so I lost some fluid out of one of the shocks. Theyve been sitting in my basement ever since. I hated them because they were just a pita for me and a big waste of money but if somebody else knows anything about them I'd get rid of them as theyre just taking up space, I forget who sold them to me, just a kid, had a black jacked up titan with no bumper, I forget his name but he said he only put like 1000miles on them and I probably put about the same. I'd like to get $200 bucks out of them plus shipping (I can ship from the states so it wont be to expensive)

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'd imagine prg could probably rebuild these. Would you mind giving me a shipping quote to 08085

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
second dibs if JoeyCrack doens't want them.

Please give me a shipping quote to 33064.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
post pics and what size is the shock for?

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Yeah....Pics!!!! Pics!!!!!

Will these work with 4" blocks?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ill try and get pics up tonight, they are for 4-6" of lift. And just to make sure everybody understands, one will NEED to atleast have more fluid put in. I think it just takes power steering fluid. Kid I bought themm off of said they were $800, I think I got ripped in the whole deal as I have pretty much that tied up into them for a set of second hand shocks but I'm sure if you live near any offroad shop it would be an easy fix. PRG would have no problem, I wouldn't imagine anyways.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Theres a pic, sorry it took so long I've been workin alot and havnt had the energy to go dig them out of the basement. Ill take $225 shipped, they were in the box on back of my new truck for a couple weeks and look a little more beat up then I remembered.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
can you give me a quote to 92223

·
Registered
712 Posts
Man If I was not buying bedsides right now I would be all over these maybe if you still have em in a couple weeks I will buy em from you

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can rebuild them. I'm an AMA superbike and motox suspension tuner and R&D since 1995. Most Decarbon style shocks have similar setups, sometimes requiring special spanners and setting tools for the bladders and caps. The seals are probably standard sizes. I'd suspspect 150$ labor + parts. The fluid I use would last for quite some time. Depending on velocities/temperatures the shock would see. Can't be anything close to a supercross bike though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just saw the pic. Cant tell from the pic what type of tool is used on the cap, but those are fuly reubildable, and probably can be revalved via spring shims or spring and ball changes. potentially the bladder was damaged (if rubber bladder type) when they undid the hose, I would have to find the MFG to get the part. Most times they use a metal piston which would not have a problem with the pressure.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Still available?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah they are, I dont think the need a rebuild, just more fluid but I have no idea how much...

·
Registered
452 Posts
PM sent!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Just saw the pic. Cant tell from the pic what type of tool is used on the cap, but those are fuly reubildable, and probably can be revalved via spring shims or spring and ball changes. potentially the bladder was damaged (if rubber bladder type) when they undid the hose, I would have to find the MFG to get the part. Most times they use a metal piston which would not have a problem with the pressure.
Almost everything you said is wrong, no balls, no springs, no bladders. $150 for a rebuild is crazy, I would rebuild both with oil and seals for $75

1 - 18 of 18 Posts