Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed when installing the shock assembly with my 2.5" spacer that I had to drop my lower control arm a good ways to line up the lower shock mount with the mount on the control arm. When I get my 5100s when fully assembled with the spacer is the overall length of the assembly going to be longer than stock? I know the 5100s provide lift so I thought they would be longer. If so has anyone had any problems reassembling with this type of set up? Thanks!

·
Registered
989 Posts
You will probably get coil bucket contact since you already have the 2.5" spacer. The 5100's will provide 1/2" of lift on the "zero" setting, and that is 1/2" of spacer lift. So it will be like a 3" spacer, which will most likely cause coil bucket contact. I do know that a 1.5" spacer with the 5100's on the middle setting will get you about 3" of lift with very minimal contact. This is what I am running.

·
Registered
745 Posts
How does a strut provide lift? Is it the strut or the mounting bracket it uses? If a strut is stiff enough to cause 1/5" of lift I dont think I would want to run it...

·
Registered
989 Posts
The 5100's are a 1/2" longer than the stock ones, so it will provide a little bit of lift just buy being longer. However, there are 3 setting on the strut that you can change to preload the coil (from 0" to 2") to provide lift. Yes, by preloading the coil you will get a stiffer ride, which is why the top position isn't recommended.

·
Registered
15 Posts
THE 1.5" spacer would be best .......the pre load u r using on the 5100's wont change the height of the strut....just how much lift and the stiffness of ride u get by compressing the spring upward for more height.....thats why using a 4x4 coil which is longer and stiffer give more lift.........

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've already got the 2.5" spacer and I was looking for a little more lift while keeping the uca/coilbucket clearance as much as possible. I wasn't sure if there was any way to pull it off without the use of upper control arms.

·
Registered
542 Posts
How does a strut provide lift? Is it the strut or the mounting bracket it uses? If a strut is stiff enough to cause 1/5" of lift I dont think I would want to run it...
Spring preload.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts