Nissan Titan Forum banner

2* Advance / ECU Reset

1003 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  sudden urge
I tried searching for this and read many threads without finding a solid answer. Basically - I'm wondering if I do the ECU Reset (Easy Way) will this erase my timing advance? I know that in the directions for the timing advance at the end the dealer has to reset the ECU.

I'd like to reset it after my magnaflow goes on tomorrow but I don't want to lose my advance. Thank you in advance!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
resetting the ecu will not affect your timing.
anmut said:
I tried searching for this and read many threads without finding a solid answer. Basically - I'm wondering if I do the ECU Reset (Easy Way) will this erase my timing advance? I know that in the directions for the timing advance at the end the dealer has to reset the ECU.

I'd like to reset it after my magnaflow goes on tomorrow but I don't want to lose my advance. Thank you in advance!
The way it was explained to me, no...it will not erase your timing advance. Resetting your ECU brings everything back to factory settings, but by using the consult to change the timing, the advance is now seen as a factory setting.
HudsonValleyTitan said:
The way it was explained to me, no...it will not erase your timing advance. Resetting your ECU brings everything back to factory settings, but by using the consult to change the timing, the advance is now seen as a factory setting.
Thank you sir - that makes a lot of sense. So the dealership reset my factory ECU with a 2* advance so that is now considered 'stock.' Anytime I reset it it keeps those settings as the stock settings.

Nice!
If I get the timming advance will the ECU eventually readjust it out......
rgregory1965 said:
If I get the timming advance will the ECU eventually readjust it out......
No, read above.
I was wondering because there is a thread here that does say that the ECU will make adjustments and could retard the timming so that the 2 degree will be null.
rgregory1965 said:
I was wondering because there is a thread here that does say that the ECU will make adjustments and could retard the timming so that the 2 degree will be null.

That will only happen if the ECU detects spark knock (ping).
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top