Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching for this and read many threads without finding a solid answer. Basically - I'm wondering if I do the ECU Reset (Easy Way) will this erase my timing advance? I know that in the directions for the timing advance at the end the dealer has to reset the ECU.

I'd like to reset it after my magnaflow goes on tomorrow but I don't want to lose my advance. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
anmut said:
I tried searching for this and read many threads without finding a solid answer. Basically - I'm wondering if I do the ECU Reset (Easy Way) will this erase my timing advance? I know that in the directions for the timing advance at the end the dealer has to reset the ECU.

I'd like to reset it after my magnaflow goes on tomorrow but I don't want to lose my advance. Thank you in advance!
The way it was explained to me, no...it will not erase your timing advance. Resetting your ECU brings everything back to factory settings, but by using the consult to change the timing, the advance is now seen as a factory setting.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HudsonValleyTitan said:
The way it was explained to me, no...it will not erase your timing advance. Resetting your ECU brings everything back to factory settings, but by using the consult to change the timing, the advance is now seen as a factory setting.
Thank you sir - that makes a lot of sense. So the dealership reset my factory ECU with a 2* advance so that is now considered 'stock.' Anytime I reset it it keeps those settings as the stock settings.

Nice!

·
Registered
674 Posts
I was wondering because there is a thread here that does say that the ECU will make adjustments and could retard the timming so that the 2 degree will be null.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
rgregory1965 said:
I was wondering because there is a thread here that does say that the ECU will make adjustments and could retard the timming so that the 2 degree will be null.

That will only happen if the ECU detects spark knock (ping).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts