Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still fairly new to the Titan world and have heard from a lot of people that have the 2* advance and say it is a definite boost and worth it to get it done. Is there anyone in San Diego that can do it?? I don't want to try and get a dealer to do it for 90 bucks.

Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ok, So I had my first recall on the 07CC and while there I talked to the service manager (nice guy we used to work together). I was asking him to do the 2 deg timing advance and he said sure.....but it wouldn't do any good due to the computer would reset the advance after about the 4th or 5th time I started my truck. Any one know if this is accurate? He said he was willing to do it if I could show specifices on how not to have the truck auto reset after it was performed.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Oleo1975 said:
Ok, So I had my first recall on the 07CC and while there I talked to the service manager (nice guy we used to work together). I was asking him to do the 2 deg timing advance and he said sure.....but it wouldn't do any good due to the computer would reset the advance after about the 4th or 5th time I started my truck. Any one know if this is accurate? He said he was willing to do it if I could show specifices on how not to have the truck auto reset after it was performed.
NO... He doesnt not know what he is talking about.....
I have reversed 3 +2 T/A's after 6 months and they were still set..
Ok.. He might be right if the Tech did not push the Up-date button on the Consult 2 after adding the 2.. but what would be the point if you want of doing the work if he will not push the up-date button..
So yes I have seen this...
There are many threads talking about the performance gains and even MPG gains..

·
Registered
375 Posts

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
I'll be in Palm Springs on the 29th to pick up some buddies and head out to Vegas for my Bachelor party. PS is the closest I will be to that spot. Oh well maybe some other time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts