Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone...I know this subject may have been beaten to death already but I've been debating doing this mod for quite some time now. I found out that my local dealer will actually do this mod for 90 bucks. What I would like to know is if anyone has any proof other than butt-dyno that this mod does the following..

1. Increases hp/tq.
2. Doesn't damage the engine in the long run.
3. Doesn't void any warranties.
4. increases or decreases mpg.
5. I'll repeat 1.)...does it really help hp/tq...specifially low-end grunt as advertised??

Thanks in advance for any responses.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone out here in Salt Lake City have the Timing advance done?

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
For $90 it's gonna be one of the best bang for the bucks mod you can do.:smoke:

1. Increases hp/tq. Yes
2. Doesn't damage the engine in the long run. No damage
3. Doesn't void any warranties. No, it's still in Nissan's parameter
4. increases or decreases mpg. Some say yes, some say no. Mine is about the same
5. I'll repeat 1.)...does it really help hp/tq...specifially low-end grunt as advertised?? I'll repeat YES, there's been dyno to prove it

·
Registered
198 Posts
Is this an advance in timing across the rpm range? I assume so if there's no custom tune involved.

Has anyone experienced knock and needed to use higher than 87 octane fuel (particularly in california where we get **** gas to begin with)?

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Seranin said:
Is this an advance in timing across the rpm range? I assume so if there's no custom tune involved.

Has anyone experienced knock and needed to use higher than 87 octane fuel (particularly in california where we get **** gas to begin with)?
Yes it's +2* btdc, it will effect across the board. I ran the +2 with 87 and never had a problem.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
slowredz said:
Is it done in the computer or is there a distributer on these things? Ive never even looked for it lol
You will need either a Consult device (dealership), Cipher Software or Autoenginuity software. It's done through the ODB2 port of your truck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all for the responses. Is there any downside to the advance? I mean why wouldn't the factory set it up that way in the first place if it yields better performance? Emissions, maybe?

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Saxoplay said:
Thanks all for the responses. Is there any downside to the advance? I mean why wouldn't the factory set it up that way in the first place if it yields better performance? Emissions, maybe?
Only down side is you're gonna be stomping on the gas more often.:D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Anyone know of a shop around Salisbury, NC that will do the 2* advance????

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I've done over 50 T/A's and never had any complaints about knock. there has never been anyone with damage that I ever heard about. It is a mild change, but very effective. :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Anyone in San Diego have the ability to do this?? I don't want to go to a stealership for it.....

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Well worth the time to have this done! TitanBlue did it for me as well as a dozen others in Raleigh! Thanks TB!!!! bowing.gif I have yet to find a downside! Oh, and you'd be best to go to a meet in your area. Many do it for a nominal fee or even free! It takes mere seconds to do and $90 is a bit of a ripoff, IMO.....

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
So back to the original question....I have looked around a bunch of threads looking for the actual numbers, I haven't found any yet. Does anyone have them or can you point me to they correct thread? Thanks

·
Registered
392 Posts
luvbelly said:
So back to the original question....I have looked around a bunch of threads looking for the actual numbers, I haven't found any yet. Does anyone have them or can you point me to they correct thread? Thanks
I don't know of any thread with actual numbers of this alone. I can tell you that your truck will come out of the hole with more power, rev a little quicker throughout and this simple mod will knock 2-3 tenths off of your 0-60 mph times. That's pretty impressive if you ask me. If you race, this will show up in your slips easily. I don't recall ever seeing a dyno.

·
Registered
909 Posts
master_1011 said:
Anyone in San Diego have the ability to do this?? I don't want to go to a stealership for it.....
You wont find a dealer in SD that will do it. Tazstitan in OC did mine for $20. PM him.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts