Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know tons of you have it and i know what it is so i'm not gonna get you to go over all that, im just curious as to if anyone has had any negative reprecussions with this mod. i'm considering it but i'm a little scared of it, read something about knocking with 87 fuel. anyone? just being cautious with my baby.

·
Super Moderator
159,635 Posts
the_kernel said:
i know tons of you have it and i know what it is so i'm not gonna get you to go over all that, im just curious as to if anyone has had any negative reprecussions with this mod. i'm considering it but i'm a little scared of it, read something about knocking with 87 fuel. anyone? just being cautious with my baby.
I run almost NOTHING but 87, even towing this big trailer. I haven't had an issue at all. I personally haven't heard of anyone else who has either. Back to the knocking....the ECU should detect the knocking if it occurs anyway and retard the timing to prevent it.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
I've never seen a negative post on it from someone who actually has it! Never, on either major site I'm on. Excellent Mod to get done, other Mods don't have any negative effect upon it either. Don't wait.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now all I need to do is find someone to do it lol. I'm moving to San Antonio in a month or 2 so I know there's bound to be someone there willing.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
APGC said:
What is required to do this? Computer? Timing light?
consult or cipher i believe, there's instructions on here somewhere so maybe if you can slip the mechanic at the dealership 20-40 bucks he might do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts