Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one,

I have seen several people on diffrent sights including this one that have advanced their timing +2'. Can any one tell me the advantages of this and if it could result in unfavorable results in the long run?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Go to the menu bar above and click on the "search" tab. Then type in "Timing Advance"

Since you are new, these guys will probably go easy on you. But in the future, do some research before you ask a question. (This one has been addressed several times)

Welcome to TT!

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
I noticed a little increase at low end, but I also noticed that my mpg went up from 12.5 average to 14.5 average. I used to get 14 - 15 before I changed my tires to m/t's and the timing advance brought me back up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you AGTITAN06 & Helomech for the info. I am currently looking at purchasing a Titan. I have heard favorable things about the Titan. Currently I drive a 04' Chevy Silverado 5.3 Z71 and was considering purchasing another. The truck has been good to me and very reliable. But I think I am leaning towards the Titan now. I hear it is a very quick truck and I like speed. Have you heard what the top speed of the Titan is?

I really could care less how many times others have posed the same question or a similar question in the past year or so. If you don't feel like answering it...Then don't TEX.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
RECOILJUNKY said:
Thank you AGTITAN06 & Helomech for the info. I am currently looking at purchasing a Titan. I have heard favorable things about the Titan. Currently I drive a 04' Chevy Silverado 5.3 Z71 and was considering purchasing another. The truck has been good to me and very reliable. But I think I am leaning towards the Titan now. I hear it is a very quick truck and I like speed. Have you heard what the top speed of the Titan is?

I really could care less how many times others have posed the same question or a similar question in the past year or so. If you don't feel like answering it...Then don't TEX.
I think the top speed is around 113 without some kind of tunning.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know my Chevy will do over 135 mph with the limiter removed, street racing tune from Westers and 3.7 gearing. I bet the Titan could possibly do better with the HP it is putting out if gearing is right.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Search for the drag coefficient, frontal area (all listed on this site) and determine your RWHP after you Mod it. Then go to www.wallaceracing.com and they have dozens of online computers, one which will give you the top speed based on the variables listed earlier. With RWHP at 305, I think it came to 143 MPH approx. It is very quick and easy to play with the numbers to see what to expect. UpRev can remove the speed limiter, among doing other nice things. Of course, start with CAI/TBS/CatBack/etc, then get 'Tuned by UpRev" or get Stillen Piggyback when it comes out in a few weeks. (Don't know if it removes speed limiter).

UPDATE: Important Point - the 2007 and 2008 have Intake VVT, and no aftermarket tuning available. If looking to do as much as possible for speed, I'd recommend a good 2006. No major issues with the 06, many available with low mileage, and the UpRev and Stillen (in a matter of days) are available for it. Plus headers, HiFlow Cats, etc...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts