Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Where can I go to get the +2 deg timing advance done??? I've tried Power Nissan in Tempe, and the Service Writer has not returned my calls. Everyone else that I've called has NO idea what I'm talking about when I tell them about the +2 deg timing advance...HELP...anyone? :ugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Armyof5 said:
Hey all,

Where can I go to get the +2 deg timing advance done??? I've tried Power Nissan in Tempe, and the Service Writer has not returned my calls. Everyone else that I've called has NO idea what I'm talking about when I tell them about the +2 deg timing advance...HELP...anyone? :ugh:
there is a guy that does the timing advance in Mesa i forget his screen name someone will hopefully chime in with it but i dont know how much he charges....and avondale will do it but for like $80 which is too much IMO
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
36,627 Posts
Faith + 1 I think would be the guy to PM

And welcome to TT! .. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx ASU,

I'll stay posted for more info. Also, thx RobKar...BTW, nice air horn on your LE...:thumbsup: . I might have to drive to San Diego to have you install one on my truck...hehe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Armyof5 said:
Thx ASU,

I'll stay posted for more info. Also, thx RobKar...BTW, nice air horn on your LE...:thumbsup: . I might have to drive to San Diego to have you install one on my truck...hehe
no prob:upsidedow you should come out with us some time whenever we go back to Speedworld, just keep a look out in these forums for a thread on another date to Speedworld
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll be there, as long as my schedule allows...lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
The guy tht will do that timing change is at Earnhardt Nissan in Mesa. Very nice guy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
jkcparker said:
peoria nissan did my advance...
who did it in peoria for you? i was going to ask last time i took it in but forgot all about it:crying: oh and how much did it cost? Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea,

I'd like to know who to talk to at Peoria Nissan as well. It's substantially closer to me than east Mesa...lol. Thx in advance for the info. :thumbsup:


Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Geeze what happened to PHOENIX area haha.. I'm in phx and have still been to waiting to come accross someone that does it in the area..

I've been wanting to go to those speedworld/firebird meets but the scheduling sucks! so i gave up haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It must be just me, but I can NOT find anyone in the metro-Phoenix area that will even talk about doing the +2 degree advance!!!! I just got back from Peoria Nissan, and the service advisor said that they can't do it because it alters the emmissions and will void the ENTIRE warranty on the vehicle, not just drive train. The service advisor also said that they were told to not even tell anyone where to get it done i.e, performance shops, etc. How is it that SOOOOO many ppl have been able to get this mod done, but everywhere I go they look at me like I'm a leper??? It's getting a little frustrating. :flame: So far I have tried Power Nissan, Avondale Nissan, Peoria Nissan, and several performance shops(they don't have the computer to do it). I'm about to give up on this mod. :crying:


Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Armyof5 said:
It must be just me, but I can NOT find anyone in the metro-Phoenix area that will even talk about doing the +2 degree advance!!!! I just got back from Peoria Nissan, and the service advisor said that they can't do it because it alters the emmissions and will void the ENTIRE warranty on the vehicle, not just drive train. The service advisor also said that they were told to not even tell anyone where to get it done i.e, performance shops, etc. How is it that SOOOOO many ppl have been able to get this mod done, but everywhere I go they look at me like I'm a leper??? It's getting a little frustrating. :flame: So far I have tried Power Nissan, Avondale Nissan, Peoria Nissan, and several performance shops(they don't have the computer to do it). I'm about to give up on this mod. :crying:


Dave
really? damn i was looking forward to Peoria doing it since im not too far away:crying: oh well ill have to figure out who does...sorry to hear about that dude..GOOD LUCK finding one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
you got it wrong it's 60 HP for the chrome handles, they're 15HP each
that's what it said on mine when I swapped the black ones out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You guys are confusing me... I heard that the chrome door handles were good for about 30 HP, and the Banks and Volant window stickers were good for at least 20 HP each. I'll have to research this a bit further. :werd:


Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Crap, here we go again...

Now, I heard that the Jack in the Box antenna ball was only for for a MAX of 16.5 HP, but that was only if it was one of the holiday Jack in the Box antenna balls, i.e Reindeer and/or Santa. As far as the other "balls" are concerned, I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that they're only good for about 4-5 HP at best. Again, I'll have to do a bit more research to verify this data. :computern

On a more serious note, WHERE THE HELL CAN I GET THE DAM +2 DEGREE TIMING ADVANCE DONE IN THE PHOENIX AREA???...I need it, I want it, and I have to have it !!!. Don't judge me, I have an illness :fever:...lol


Dave
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top