Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant seem to find a simple answer. I installed a 2" leveling kit (1.5" strut spacers) and they recommend factory offset to run 33's, but can anyone tell me if 17x9 wheels with -12 offset and 33's will fit without rub? And pics if you have this setup. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
33" is the same height as as the stock 275/60R20 tires. The -12mm offset will push out your tires & make em stick out ~1.5" past what the stock rims do (+25+12 = 37mm difference = 1.5")

What is the nominal width of your tire? 12.5"?

I don't have your exact specs you listed so cannot confirm. Maybe someone else can chime in. But with 33" you're not oversizing at all (as far as height goes) so not raising any alarm bells for me.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I have an email In to Custom offsets should have an answer tonight or tomorrow for ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
33" is the same height as as the stock 275/60R20 tires. The -12mm offset will push out your tires & make em stick out ~1.5" past what the stock rims do (+25+12 = 37mm difference = 1.5")

What is the nominal width of your tire? 12.5"?

I don't have your exact specs you listed so cannot confirm. Maybe someone else can chime in. But with 33" you're not oversizing at all (as far as height goes) so not raising any alarm bells for me.
Sorry, they would be 33 12.50 R17

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an email In to Custom offsets should have an answer tonight or tomorrow for ya

Awesome, i really do appreciate the help. Just dont want to buy wheels and then find out they rub. Or wont work at all. Then im stuck with them. I figure someone has to have ran this setup and knows. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I am gonna say Nope! They are gonna rub and I say this because two days ago I put 295/70 17 on My Titan xd Pro 4x with a 2" lift on it. Now I did buy Yokohama geolander M/T G003 on american racing AR172 BAJA with -12 off set and yes they stick out some but they RUB. I cut the hell out of my pinch weld and trimed my fender liner. I did nt care I been wanting these tires for a while.

Attachments

Reactions: noel55

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am gonna say Nope! They are gonna rub and I say this because two days ago I put 295/70 17 on My Titan xd Pro 4x with a 2" lift on it. Now I did buy Yokohama geolander M/T G003 on american racing AR172 BAJA with -12 off set and yes they stick out some but they RUB. I cut the hell out of my pinch weld and trimed my fender liner. I did nt care I been wanting these tires for a while.

Yea i can see in the second pic how it would rub at full turn. Thanks for the input and pics.. guess its stock offset for now. Just got the truck and not ready to start cutting it up just yet..

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Awesome, i really do appreciate the help. Just dont want to buy wheels and then find out they rub. Or wont work at all. Then im stuck with them. I figure someone has to have ran this setup and knows. Thanks again.
Honestly I think your more than safe but always good to be sure

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Make sure those 17's will even fit on your truck. Depending on if you have the big brakes or not odds are they'll hit the calipers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Make sure those 17's will even fit on your truck. Depending on if you have the big brakes or not odds are they'll hit the calipers.
I didnt even think about that, it has 18's stock and it does have the big brakes! I will definitely check that out. Thanks for pointing that out!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well i ordered +18 offset wheels 18x9 and 33x12.50R18 tires..i will be mounting this weekend and posting the results. Thanks for your input because tho im not afraid to trim i really didnt want to go that route just yet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well if it helps the next guy, heres the results. I put a supreme suspension leveling kit on the truck, and 33x12.50 R18 tires on 18x9 wheels with a +18 offset. It fits great, looks good to me and no rub at all. I personally like a little more tire poking out of the fenders for stance, but it still looks good
. Hope this helps and thanks to everyone who replied to help me out.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Looks great and nice Armada there is that yours or someone else’s

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, and
Looks great and nice Armada there is that yours or someone else’s

Thanks and no thats not my armada, i didnt get the wheels on till after dark so while i was at the gas station i figured id snap a pic in the light

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
+18 or -18 offset? 9" wide wheels +18 offset is more tucked in than stock. +12 is equal backspacing to stock.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The wheels i bought are 18x9 with +18 offset. According to what i could find is my stock wheels are a +23 offset. These new wheels definitely stick out more than stock but not by very much.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts