Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty sure this issue has been beaten to death already, but I am still getting mixed information from here on TT and my dealer about how this setup can work. I have an 05 LE CC with the Navigation. I am looking to run a set of summer wheels with tpms and a set of winter wheels with tpms. I have heard of some people on here doing this with no problems, but I am not sure if those successful ones have the navigation. I have purchased a second set of OEM TPMS sensors from my good buddy Rodney here on TT (thanks again :rockon ). They fit perfect in the aftermarket 20's I bought, but the tire shop could not get there gadget to register the sensors to my navigation computer. So far (only about 25 miles on them), that dreaded yellow light has not come on. However, my navigation system is reading:
** PSI
** PSI
** PSI
** PSI
I went to the dealer and he says I have to use their Consult II, because it is the only one that will register them to the navigation. He also said if I "link" this new set to the navigation, I would have to come back in the fall when I put my winter wheels on to "relink" them back, and so on and so forth. I was hoping that I could link this new set to my computer, and I would essentially have two sets that could be read by my truck, and that would be the end to my getting gouged :poke: by the dealer for their Consult II rental fee.
Has anyone else out there had success running two sets of wheels with tpms, and have the navigation system on their truck. If so, can I get some insight on how to get this done. Thanks to all, as I have got absolutely valuable advice and insight from many of you already. TT is the best.

·
Registered
737 Posts
i think only 4 sensors can be registered at any one time so you're stuck going to the dealer or back to the tire shop to switch the sensors between setups. my tmps dash light only appears if i drive continuously for more than 30 miles; then the light goes off until i drive another 30+ mile during any one trip. if registered properly, the dash light appears and i get a long beep only if the pressure goes below the threshold. i have a SE crew without nav.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts