Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be an old subject, but does the timing advance decrease the MPG under normal driving conditions?

·
Super Moderator
36,626 Posts
I can report an increase in gas mileage by about 2 miles per gallon

·
Registered
602 Posts
about how much did this run u guys and im also told that if i advance the timming then i should up the fuel to

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
dksfowler said:
about how much did this run u guys and im also told that if i advance the timming then i should up the fuel to
I gave the service tech 40 bucks, some guys are running the 87 octane fine I think I use 93 always have my baby deserves it.

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Oh god, not the octane question again...ha ha...

Yeah, it's better to run higher octane...otherwise the computer will retard the timing to avoid pre-det

·
Registered
602 Posts
not the octane that i should have the feul presure or something upped to any thoughts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the feedback.

Does anyone out there happen to know of someone in the St Louis, MO area that will do this. I checked a local dealer and they wanted $110.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
HiggySTL said:
Thanks for the feedback.

Does anyone out there happen to know of someone in the St Louis, MO area that will do this. I checked a local dealer and they wanted $110.

Meet me at Route 66 Raceway tomorrow night and I'll advance your timing for free. Route 66 Raceway is located near Joliet, IL, test and tune starts at 4:00.

Edit: I must have had a weak moment, $10 for the advance.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Howdy..
I bough my truck used, and seems like previous owner has made few updates/upgrades, not sure if the 2* timing was done or not, is there a way to find that out?
thanks in advance..

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I appreciate the offer Sudden Urge, but no way I will be able to make it, I'm a good 6 hours from the Chicage area, by the time I paid for the gas there and back, I would be better off the pay the $110 to the stealership. Thanks again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts