Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Speaking of the subject....How can I explain to my dealer on how to do the advance. The serv. manager said there was no such thing. I finally got to talk to a serv. tech. today and he said you can't change it and that the Nissan computers are very tricky and easy to screw up, the only thing he said was able to be done was a reflash. Maybe there is no such thing in West Virginia?....they are killing me. My truck is out of warrenty, I told them I was doing it at my own risk.....dumb @$$'s Thanks, I just needed to vent.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
sounds like your service advisor doesnt know anything or just getting any updates from Nissan. I had mine done with no problems, the advance is done by using the Consult3 of the 08's and the 04-07 are done by the consult2.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Or you can use the Uprev Cipher program on a laptop to do it... Many members on here have done it and have it on their trucks. It's on mine... :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes, uprev it is. this seems to be my only choice. Question...which would be better..the uprev or the the stillen plug in module. I am going to buy something soon. thanks

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Since you have an 06, you can use the Cipher (400 bucks) to do the T/A. If you came to a meet, you can get it done for free or 20-50 bucks at most, by somebody who has teh Cipher. I do them free now. There is a thread to find somebody, but WV may not have anybody.

For more power, get a Tune by UpRev, which is done by mailiing in the ECU for 300-500 or buying the Osiris software (for 710) and you flash it on the truck. And includes Cipher Diagnostic software.

UpRev is much better than Stillen imo. Far more sophisticated, customizable.

Free T/A available here on Feb 23rd, 2008: http://www.titantalk.com/forums/north-east-forum/66440-northern-va-meet-air-space-museum-dulles.html

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks TitanBlue...I'll probably get the Osiris software. After some research that seems to be my best bet. thanks

Thanks for the invite....thats a little out of my way... Im usually up north around Charlestown WV in the summer but not in my titan. while on the subject of the UPREV would that be in comparison to a bully dog reflash for a desiel...I drive a 05 F-350 at work and I got a FREE trial reflash from a local truck shop, it lasted about a week. Anyway I noticed a big difference. Are these similar. Hate to sound like a [email protected]$$, just looking for more info before i spend $700, and I have to convience my wifey....I tried with some youtube video's last night. I checked the uprev website and seen some dyno sheets on a couple of titans and only seen a 10HP increase...thanks again

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
The thing about the Uprev is that it's customizable to your modifications. When you add something, you tell them and they send you a new tune to upload... FREE! You can tweak it as many times as you like. And as far as losing it... well, you have it on your computer so you can upload it anytime... but it shouldn't go away once you do it, unless a dealership reflashes your ECU.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
You're getting a lot more than 10HP! More like 30 HP and WOT, AFR, Timing Curves, Rev Limits reset, Speed Limits reset, it is the absolute best and very impressive when you drive it. It's worth the price.

·
Registered
41 Posts
VERY GOOD!!! You sold it...Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I cry because they do not support the 08's yet...

·
Registered
622 Posts
anmut said:
I cry because they do not support the 08's yet...
+1

I'm waiting too Uprev!:rollingey

1 - 13 of 13 Posts