Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow-all I Can Say Is That This Is A Great Cheap Mod.what A Difference From Hitting The Gas At A Stop-my Dealership Only Charged Me 25 Instead Of 45 Because The Tech Never Did One Before-i Printed Him Out Directiond From Tt And He Really Appreciated It-thanks For The Info --next Up Exhaust

·
Registered
48 Posts
Cool...
Sounds like a great deal. Did you get it done? I need to do this to my Titan...
Where did you get the print out?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do A Search On Timing Advance-somewhere In All The Information You Will Find The Instructions.i Will Look And Send It To You If I Can Find It.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Instructions for timing advance:

Warm up vehicle.
On CONSULT 2 screen choose ENGINE
After communication with Convertor will display a bunch of choices.
Press WORK SUPPORT
See more choices, press TARGET IGN TIMING
Press UP x2 for 2 degrees, correction which you should be able to see.
Press UPDATE.
Now press BACK
On the menu screen find IDLE AIR VOL LEARN.
Press, and perform to correct your idle since you just raised it 75rpm with timing advance.

·
Super Moderator
162,287 Posts
DohcORdie said:
what does the 2* timing advance do for you exactually?
Better throttle response. Feels quicker because of that, and it probably is by a tick.

·
Registered
226 Posts
fuel economy? better, worse, same with this? i'm guessing you go down by a tad. generally, it seems, you sacrifice fuel economy for power on most of these mods. which is perfectly fine. i'm just saying. so i'm curious about this one. i have plenty of power with my stock setup... but if this helps at all with fuel economy, i'd be down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone know if this mod is functional on the Pathfinder V8? From what I understand, it's the same 5.6L motor as the Titan. It's very quick =)

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
The timing advance will shave off 2 tenths in the 1/4 mile for the 04-06 Titans. I have no idea what it will do for the 07-08.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just got the advance done today at the dealership. Don't really notice all that much of a difference. Maybe a little more low end torque and some HP. But worth the $40 it cost to get it done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts