Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a new service bulletin out for the 20’ Titan trans that addresses the hesitation/bump when accelerating from stop and the delayed shift when accelerating slowly up hills...

Going to have it applied on mine tomorrow..

The bulletin number is NTB 21028.

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
There is a new service bulletin out for the 20’ Titan trans that addresses the hesitation/bump when accelerating from stop and the delayed shift when accelerating slowly up hills...

Going to have it applied on mine tomorrow..

The bulletin number is NTB 21028.
Do you have a ink? I tried the one you supplied and got me nowhere.

Clint

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro4X
447 Posts
Mine goes in for a the tail light fix tomorrow. A link for the transmission tsb would be nice! 👍🏻

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro-4X 2006 Titan SE (sold) Chevy SS Sedan
740 Posts
Remember a TSB and a recall are not the same.
I figured the website would list bulletins as well. Guess not. My dealership says that they're having trouble with their networks, so I can't get any information. The symptoms are pretty spot on, so it would be nice if this resolves the issue. My transmission doesn't seem too horrible, but it does have a little jerkiness to it. I've owned a vehicle with at DCT, so I'm used to weird transmissions. The Nissan isn't extremely horrible, but it does irritate me when it doesn't respond to throttle inputs like I think it should.

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
I figured the website would list bulletins as well. Guess not. My dealership says that they're having trouble with their networks, so I can't get any information. The symptoms are pretty spot on, so it would be nice if this resolves the issue. My transmission doesn't seem too horrible, but it does have a little jerkiness to it. I've owned a vehicle with at DCT, so I'm used to weird transmissions. The Nissan isn't extremely horrible, but it does irritate me when it doesn't respond to throttle inputs like I think it should.
Hopefully this answers everyone’s need.

Clint

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yesssssss!!!!!!!!! This is great news. Why it only applies to the 20 and not 21 is odd but anybody that’s seen any of my posts know that I’ve had a real issue with the 9 speed and if this addresses those issues then that is awesome. Can’t wait to hear from someone if it makes a difference. I’m a couple weeks out from taking mine in as I’m out of town at the moment

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yesssssss!!!!!!!!! This is great news. Why it only applies to the 20 and not 21 is odd but anybody that’s seen any of my posts know that I’ve had a real issue with the 9 speed and if this addresses those issues then that is awesome. Can’t wait to hear from someone if it makes a difference. I’m a couple weeks out from taking mine in as I’m out of town at the moment
Will keep u all posted my truck goes in tomorrow morning...

I am also hoping this update resolves the occasional shift flaring between 3-4 and 4-5 on slight inclines...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Following along for updates on results. I know I've felt the delayed upshift....never a huge problem but would be one less kink to smooth out.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Following along for updates on results. I know I've felt the delayed upshift....never a huge problem but would be one less kink to smooth out.
I always experience this when leaving my house...speed limit is 30mph and combined with louder exhaust and engine revving at 2500k I'm sure it pleases the neighbors...

·
Registered
196 Posts
HOLY CRAP. I'M CALLING MY DEALER RIGHT NOW TO ASK ABOUT THIS!!!!

My truck has horrible hesitation in accelerating from a rolling stop and I HATE IT.

Reactions: 07xln

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro4X
447 Posts
I'm in the customer waiting area now. Titan's in the shop for the tail light service bulletin and I brought up the new TSB for the 9-speed. Documented the hesitation and harder shifts - we'll see what happens. I think I'll be here for a while. I get alittle uneasy at every dealership when going in for service or work...just the skeptic in me I guess...

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro-4X 2006 Titan SE (sold) Chevy SS Sedan
740 Posts
I'm in the customer waiting area now. Titan's in the shop for the tail light service bulletin and I brought up the new TSB for the 9-speed. Documented the hesitation and harder shifts - we'll see what happens. I think I'll be here for a while. I get alittle uneasy at every dealership when going in for service or work...just the skeptic in me I guess...
Let us know if they insist that you have to come back. My dealership keeps giving me issues where they have me come in and tell me that they have ordered the replacement part and that I'll have to come back. They've done that to me twice, and it's a bit infuriating. If you can't tell me if you have the part available when I call, then you're running a horrible service department.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yeah man please keep us posted. This could be the fix or at least a step in the right direction. If I were you I would insist they implement the update. If they come back and say it drives fine uh uhh

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sweet. I just called my dealership and have an appointment on Monday to get the Transmission Control Module(TCM) reprogrammed even though it's a 21' Titan. They said they just did one yesterday on a customers 20' Titan so let's hope it works. It' more annoying than anything else. Especially when trying to ease up driveway into garage. I literally have to touch my front license plate to the wall so I can shut my garage door. Thus I need it to be able to ease forward and not jerk.

Also, there is a tire recall on the 'General Grabber' tires. So if anyone has those you might want to get them inspected as you might get new tires depending on the lot number of the ones you have.

Sam

·
Registered
298 Posts
Sweet. I just called my dealership and have an appointment on Monday to get the Transmission Control Module(TCM) reprogrammed even though it's a 21' Titan. They said they just did one yesterday on a customers 20' Titan so let's hope it works. It' more annoying than anything else. Especially when trying to ease up driveway into garage. I literally have to touch my front license plate to the wall so I can shut my garage door. Thus I need it to be able to ease forward and not jerk.

Also, there is a tire recall on the 'General Grabber' tires. So if anyone has those you might want to get them inspected as you might get new tires depending on the lot number of the ones you have.

Sam
Thats great news!!! Man Im excited about this and hope it works out for all of us. Keep us posted.

Also do a search and the tire recall info is on here somewhere. Has the lot numbers and everything. I believe it was only on tires made from 12/19 through a few months in to 2020.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I will. I'm hoping it works. I get why some can be so upset but honestly we all need to chill on it for a sec and take a deep breath. It takes time for car companies to issue TSB's. The fact they did is great news for us as the acknowledge and issue and have deployed resources to fix it. I'm not mechanic but everything in today's vehicles is controlled by a computer of some sort. I was told there are are 240 in the Titan. We actually want it to be an issue with the TCM and not the transmission itself as then it can most likely be corrected.

If you don't like computer controlled vehicles, I suggest finding a 1977 Dodge Pickup with a "4 on the Floor" 😀(y)

1 - 20 of 144 Posts