Nissan Titan Forum banner

81 - 100 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Ouch - I hope that's not a by-product of the update. I drove 400 miles this weekend and saw normal smiles per gallon. I'm coming off an interstate high of around 16.5 mpg and with a few days in the city & school line, I'm down to 15.7 mpg. I reckon I'm happy with that, considering the 35's. I haven't felt any flares or hesitation yet - and I've gotten on it a few times. I've got a healthy accumulation of miles coming up in May so, I'll keep track and report back.
Did a few hundred more miles of driving. I feel the gas mileage drop I reported earler was due to some heavy winds in the area at the time. Mileage is as good as ever now…

Shifting is still great..

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
I don't have the letter in front of me, but something along the lines of it not lighting up during startup or something like that. Since I'm usually sitting in the truck during startup, I can't confirm any issue. I'll just take their word for it and have it replaced lol
Apparently if the headlight switch is left in auto mode when the truck is turned off then restarted the taillights might not turn back on..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did the issue go away with the update?
Is it an update or part replacement? The NTB mentions both posibilites.
I believe it's just an update. Others here have mentioned that it's smoother with the update. Mine went in for recalls along with the update. Will see soon..

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro4X
438 Posts
I don't have the letter in front of me, but something along the lines of it not lighting up during startup or something like that. Since I'm usually sitting in the truck during startup, I can't confirm any issue. I'll just take their word for it and have it replaced lol
Did a few hundred more miles of driving. I feel the gas mileage drop I reported earler was due to some heavy winds in the area at the time. Mileage is as good as ever now…

Shifting is still great..
HEAVY winds in TX these last few days, for-sure.

·
Registered
2020 Deep Blue Pearl Titan XD SV (Conv. Pkg, Utility Pkg, Texas Titan)
48 Posts
Apparently if the headlight switch is left in auto mode when the truck is turned off then restarted the taillights might not turn back on..
Any idea which ones are affected? I'm guessing it's the LED Tail lights themselves since it sounds like they are being replaced. Was looking at buying some online, but I'll be a bit more wary of who I buy them from if there's a recall for them.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Any idea which ones are affected? I'm guessing it's the LED Tail lights themselves since it sounds like they are being replaced. Was looking at buying some online, but I'll be a bit more wary of who I buy them from if there's a recall for them.
Yes I would only order from an authorized dealer site..

·
Registered
20 Posts
I believe the taillights are also holding moisture… that was one of the questions and signs to indicate a swap out.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I passed a long this TSB to a couple of the Facebook groups Im in and guys with 2020's are getting it done and reporting back that its made a big change for the better.

Theres a few guys that said the dealer wouldnt apply the TSB because its for the 2020 model but there is in fact an update for the 21's. Its an ECU and TCM reflash and one guy said all his prior symptoms were pretty much gone

Below is the info he gave me
Part# after reprogram is 23710-9FE2D & 31039-9FV4C

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro-4X 2006 Titan SE (sold) Chevy SS Sedan
720 Posts
Storms took the power out to the area, so I took the Titan out for an extended drive. The acceleration from a standstill is greatly improved and refined. I also noticed a little more throttle response when attempting to accelerate on the highway. One thing I did notice is that it was hanging onto 2nd gear a little longer than it should when I'd casually go from a stop. It's a definite step in the right direction, but I feel that there could be a little more room for improvement, slight improvement with how it hangs onto a gear for a bit too long. Otherwise, truck feels a little more refined.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Well hope the replacement address the automode feature because mine has stayed in auto since I bought at. That's the purpose of auto lol.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I'm at the dealership waiting for them to get done with my tail light and ECU reprogram or whatever BS they'll do for that. Seems like every new manufacturer making transmission with more gears can't seem to get it right. Even the ones who have been making trucks for a while:
GM - 8 speed
FORD- 10 speed
GM now has a 10 speed as well which was a joint venture with Ford.
So if the Ford community is complaining about their 10 speed hesitation, clunky shifting, it's just a matter of time for GM 10 speed to have the same issue.....just like their 8 speed.
Oh yeah they changed to a Mobil 1 transmission fluid which fixed their 8 speed issues 😏

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro-4X 2006 Titan SE (sold) Chevy SS Sedan
720 Posts
I'm at the dealership waiting for them to get done with my tail light and ECU reprogram or whatever BS they'll do for that. Seems like every new manufacturer making transmission with more gears can't seem to get it right. Even the ones who have been making trucks for a while:
GM - 8 speed
FORD- 10 speed
GM now has a 10 speed as well which was a joint venture with Ford.
So if the Ford community is complaining about their 10 speed hesitation, clunky shifting, it's just a matter of time for GM 10 speed to have the same issue.....just like their 8 speed.
Oh yeah they changed to a Mobil 1 transmission fluid which fixed their 8 speed issues 😏
I've heard that for whatever reason, GM is having more luck with their 10 speed than Ford is. I'm guessing that they programmed it more to real world driving than Ford. Either way, you are correct in the fact that all these transmissions are essentially new to the market, and apparently we're all beta testers.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
I've heard that for whatever reason, GM is having more luck with their 10 speed than Ford is. I'm guessing that they programmed it more to real world driving than Ford. Either way, you are correct in the fact that all these transmissions are essentially new to the market, and apparently we're all beta testers.
Funny u say because Ford is struggling to this day to get theirs to shift right and GM’s shifts like a dream…

Same tranny… Maybe Ford hired the programmer that created the shift points for Nissan when the second gen was launched…

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
I notice one thing with the pedal commander installed in the truck now, it’s so responsive that you shift right through the gears and there is zero lag between them. I’ve always posted here that too light of a foot confuses the truck what you want it to do so it stays in the lower gears longer than it should. Press it gently but firmly and it was fine but if you feathered it like you’re trying to sip fuel and it would hesitate to climb gears.
Some members here give me crap about us needing to learn but it’s technique too that matters. I still think it’s a great truck. It’s Titan #3 for me.

Clint

·
Registered
32 Posts
I passed a long this TSB to a couple of the Facebook groups Im in and guys with 2020's are getting it done and reporting back that its made a big change for the better.

Theres a few guys that said the dealer wouldnt apply the TSB because its for the 2020 model but there is in fact an update for the 21's. Its an ECU and TCM reflash and one guy said all his prior symptoms were pretty much gone

Below is the info he gave me
Part# after reprogram is 23710-9FE2D & 31039-9FV4C
TSB number by chance for the '21?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Got the tail light recall and transmission reflash done. Like I suspected no change on hesitation when accelerating. #movingonnotwastingtime.

As for the tail light i am confused. I got home and my right tail had moisture in them just like it did before. That attached says replaced tail lamps and harness per recall. Under that say lamp assay -RR COM. So was the housing replaced? Anyone that has done this what does your paperwork say....not what you think they were supposed to do. I will definitely inquire on Monday when they are open. I had more fun things to do today like riding my bike with the crew 😂.

Attachments

81 - 100 of 144 Posts