Nissan Titan Forum banner

101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Got the tail light recall and transmission reflash done. Like I suspected no change on hesitation when accelerating. #movingonnotwastingtime.

As for the tail light i am confused. I got home and my right tail had moisture in them just like it did before. That attached says replaced tail lamps and harness per recall. Under that say lamp assay -RR COM. So was the housing replaced? Anyone that has done this what does your paperwork say....not what you think they were supposed to do. I will definitely inquire on Monday when they are open. I had more fun things to do today like riding my bike with the crew 😂.
When I got my stuff done on Tuesday they replaced the whole tail light assembly, I watched the guy bring the box out with the new tail lights and watched him replace both.

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
I just came home from taking a two hour round trip and am still amaze how different it shifts with the Pedal Commander installed, if you were to buy it from a vendor with a full refund policy you’d see for yourselves. You sit at a light and once green you tap the gas and get an instant response and as you accelerate each gear and change comes and it’s just seamless. If someone lived near me that had the problem I’d let them try it as you’d instantly see how different the truck behaves. I was going to go have the tsb done but now wonder if I should bother.

Clint

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro-4X 2006 Titan SE (sold) Chevy SS Sedan
720 Posts
Got the tail light recall and transmission reflash done. Like I suspected no change on hesitation when accelerating. #movingonnotwastingtime.

As for the tail light i am confused. I got home and my right tail had moisture in them just like it did before. That attached says replaced tail lamps and harness per recall. Under that say lamp assay -RR COM. So was the housing replaced? Anyone that has done this what does your paperwork say....not what you think they were supposed to do. I will definitely inquire on Monday when they are open. I had more fun things to do today like riding my bike with the crew 😂.

Sadly, the only indicator I had that the taillights were replaced on mine was the greasy fingerprints on the rear fender from the tech that did the install. I don't think I noticed the issue they were describing as I never bothered to look to see if the taillights came on or not with the conditions they described.

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
Sadly, the only indicator I had that the taillights were replaced on mine was the greasy fingerprints on the rear fender from the tech that did the install. I don't think I noticed the issue they were describing as I never bothered to look to see if the taillights came on or not with the conditions they described.
It’s amazing that they are that oblivious that there are greasy handprints on the truck and give it back like that. All that does is make you look harder at what was done. To them a vehicle is just a thing, if it was theirs I bet they’d look at it differently.

Clint

·
Registered
720 Posts
It’s amazing that they are that oblivious that there are greasy handprints on the truck and give it back like that. All that does is make you look harder at what was done. To them a vehicle is just a thing, if it was theirs I bet they’d look at it differently.

Clint
I've already set my expectations low when it comes to dealing with low level techs. They either don't care or don't like that you're driving something nice and display their disdain by not taking pride in what they're doing to your vehicle. The last dealership wasn't that bad, although sadly it's by comparison. When you get into your vehicle and the touch points are greasy from the tech's greasy fingers, it's rather annoying. I don't even bat an eye anymore as I'm already expecting the greasy touch points, the seat setting to be all jacked, the stereo volume to be cranked up to a radio station that I'm not familiar with. About the only thing I'll complain about nowadays is if they run the vehicle through their abrasive car wash and if there is an excessive amount of miles on the odometer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've already set my expectations low when it comes to dealing with low level techs. They either don't care or don't like that you're driving something nice and display their disdain by not taking pride in what they're doing to your vehicle. The last dealership wasn't that bad, although sadly it's by comparison. When you get into your vehicle and the touch points are greasy from the tech's greasy fingers, it's rather annoying. I don't even bat an eye anymore as I'm already expecting the greasy touch points, the seat setting to be all jacked, the stereo volume to be cranked up to a radio station that I'm not familiar with. About the only thing I'll complain about nowadays is if they run the vehicle through their abrasive car wash and if there is an excessive amount of miles on the odometer.
Exactly why I tell them I will do my own car wash…

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
Want to get their attention? Go to pick it up and inspect it beforehand. If there is grease on the car just prior to getting the paperwork discreetly put some hand cream on and get it on their paperwork and pen and make a mess and see how happy they are. Then explain why you did it, they’ll listen.
I do fine home improvements, my customers say that I far exceeded what they expected so I thank them and ask them to let potential new customers hear your opinion. It’s kept me self employed for 43 years and have never had a disagreement with a customer yet.
That’s how I was trained and never lost track of that mission.
Now if only other businesses cared ...

Clint

Reactions: CBEllis

·
Registered
720 Posts
Exactly why I tell them I will do my own car wash…
I tell them 3-4 times. One dealership actually washed it after I mentioned to them not to wash it several times. The part that was infuriating is that it was raining for the whole day so it's almost as if they purposely washed it knowing that I had asked them not to.

Want to get their attention? Go to pick it up and inspect it beforehand. If there is grease on the car just prior to getting the paperwork discreetly put some hand cream on and get it on their paperwork and pen and make a mess and see how happy they are. Then explain why you did it, they’ll listen.
I do fine home improvements, my customers say that I far exceeded what they expected so I thank them and ask them to let potential new customers hear your opinion. It’s kept me self employed for 43 years and have never had a disagreement with a customer yet.
That’s how I was trained and never lost track of that mission.
Now if only other businesses cared ...

Clint
In my younger days, I'd probably consider doing something like that. I think I've gotten to a stage in life where I've decided to pick my battles. Although, I did make it a point to drive my new truck to the dealership that decided to play games with me and showed them their missed sale. I actually have done that on two occasions.

I had one dealership that I was considering buying a new car for my parents (a Chevy Cruze). I used to work with the sales manager and he insisted that he'd give me a great deal. I went so far as to start talking to his finance department, but they gave me some crazy interest rate with some no-name finance company. I asked the finance guy what the rate would be with GM Financial and never heard a peep from him.

Fast forward 3 months later and instead of buying my parents a small economy car, I decided I'd buy myself a sports sedan. On my way to visit my parents, I drove by the dealership and saw the sales manager out on the lot. Pulled up and told him that I never heard from his finance team and that I decided to buy a Chevy SS (what I was currently driving). He stuck his head inside the window, looked the car up and down as if he had never seen one. And this was a NEW CAR MANAGER for Chevy.

·
Registered
818 Posts
😂 got you. But as I think more about it, the len itself is nothing, everything back there can be twised and removed like the bulb if you were to replace one, which I did with my reverse. I put LED bulbs in to make it whiter. My point is not sure replacement of the assembly does anything, but mine says replace electrical harness which makes sense if there was some issue with it firing up with the light switch in Auto. Either way I will ask them on Monday. Saturday was hot and sunny so no moisture should have been there if the right assembly was replaced.
I like my dealership and all, but I will call them out if work listed on my paperwork was not actually performed

·
Registered
818 Posts
I notice one thing with the pedal commander installed in the truck now, it’s so responsive that you shift right through the gears and there is zero lag between them. I’ve always posted here that too light of a foot confuses the truck what you want it to do so it stays in the lower gears longer than it should. Press it gently but firmly and it was fine but if you feathered it like you’re trying to sip fuel and it would hesitate to climb gears.
Some members here give me crap about us needing to learn but it’s technique too that matters. I still think it’s a great truck. It’s Titan #3 for me.

Clint
I've watched so many videos on this and people's reaction just leaves me laughing. Just watching get giddy from the instantaneous response makes me giddy and im just on a couch lol. I know its just a device that tricks the ECU into thinking the throttle body is open more than it its but for $300......eh I might. My question is do people leave it on always, and how does it affect you in stop-and-go traffic. I drive 53 miles one way for work about 47 of that is on I-24 and trust me it's not always smooth sailing. What happens when im at crawl speeds?

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
I've watched so many videos on this and people's reaction just leaves me laughing. Just watching get giddy from the instantaneous response makes me giddy and im just on a couch lol. I know its just a device that tricks the ECU into thinking the throttle body is open more than it its but for $300......eh I might. My question is do people leave it on always, and how does it affect you in stop-and-go traffic. I drive 53 miles one way for work about 47 of that is on I-24 and trust me it's not always smooth sailing. What happens when im at crawl speeds?
You easily adapt to how it’s set. I’m as big a skeptic as they come but one day I caved in and spent the money, it was returnable and this August will be 3 years with it. The eco setting is like factory and next up is city where I am always, you can dial it up or down in that setting or go to the next level. If you try sport plus and tap the gas you will not believe the truck. Say you were merging into traffic and were gauging where to be but changed the setting and not knowing you’d be absolutely in the wrong place big time. I did that and almost side swiped a car that I anticipated I’d slide in behind. The truck just GOES, you can easily break the tires loose without tried just stepping in the pedal.
I believe a skeptic absolutely has to firsthand experience this for themselves.
If you do this post up your review here. You can either adjust the setting on the wired pad or by Bluetooth on your phone and keep the pad out of sight.

Clint

·
Registered
2020 Titan SL, 1987 Mustang GT vert 5 sp
21 Posts
I'll share my interaction with my local dealer two weeks after buying my 2020 SL. I told him I had three questions, the first being can I get the service history of my truck? My truck was a dealer demo with 5500 miles on it and I would like to know what has been done to it. (I should have requested this before buying but they verified the 5 year/100000 warranty applied so was not too worried) He printed it off and there were some items that were performed, including the oil change which I was most interested in. At first he hesitated when I mentioned the TSB, then got on his computer and then a mechanic, I presume, joined in the conversation. He finally admitted there was not one update, but two, and he said they might not apply to my truck, they would to connect to computer and it would take an hour or two. I told him I would like to make an appointment and he said next week was full but to call him on his direct line on his business card. I explained that the hesitation in the transmission was very noticeable to me but I would continue to drive and see if it improved, which it did not. My third question was how many Titan motors have you replaced? They both looked surprised and hesitated, but then the mechanic said, one. I asked if it was cylinder #7 and I think by now they knew I was more informed than they originally thought. the mechanic said all FOUR cylinders were scored! I asked if replacement was long or short block and he confirmed short. The manager said it only affected the years (17,18 and early 19?) as mentioned in the TSB bulletin and I mentioned that apparently that is not true based on what I've read here on this forum and that I would be monitoring mine closely. The mechanic mentioned there was a young guy in the shop that enjoyed doing the motor replacement. Lastly I asked if they lifted the cab or worked from front and said the latter. The dealership is 100 years old so I suspect they know what they are doing, or a least I hope so. I will follow up when I get the update

·
Registered
34 Posts
I tell them 3-4 times. One dealership actually washed it after I mentioned to them not to wash it several times. The part that was infuriating is that it was raining for the whole day so it's almost as if they purposely washed it knowing that I had asked them not to.
This was me after I told them 3 times LOLL

Attachments

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
When I got my update the paperwork stated my truck was driven and issue was duplicated.

Truck had exact same miles on it from drop off to pick up…

Maybe they did the magic odometer rollback trick!! Lol…

·
Registered
818 Posts
When I got my update the paperwork stated my truck was driven and issue was duplicated.

Truck had exact same miles on it from drop off to pick up…

Maybe they did the magic odometer rollback trick!! Lol…
😄 that happened to me once not with this vehicle but it was a nissan dealer. They rotated my tires per paperwork, however I forgot to give them the special aftermarket wheel lock for my rims. The service manager apologized and offered me free oil change next time. So yeah all dealers probably do BS like that. To be fair, I don't expect the service writer to know what the mechanic is back there doing....they are the shady ones.

I like the dealership that has glass for you to see inside the service bay. My current nissan dealer has that and chairs and like a bar style table top is facing it so you can stare at them working on cars all day lol. You still probably cannot see exactly what they are/aren't doing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just dropped my truck (2020 Pro4X) off at the dealership to get this TSB done. I think it might be time to find a new dealership for these services in DFW. It was only my second time here and both times have been horrible.
Service advisor came out to greet me and said if there are no DTCs present, he can't do anything about it and won't flash the TCM. Said he's been doing this for 8 years and that's how it is, that was the only reason he gave me.
Talked to service manager and he said that's not true, tech will have to drive it and if he experience the throttle delay issue, they can flash the TCM.

Why do these dealerships make it so hard? Very frustrating experience.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Just dropped my truck (2020 Pro4X) off at the dealership to get this TSB done. I think it might be time to find a new dealership for these services in DFW. It was only my second time here and both times have been horrible.
Service advisor came out to greet me and said if there are no DTCs present, he can't do anything about it and won't flash the TCM. Said he's been doing this for 8 years and that's how it is, that was the only reason he gave me.
Talked to service manager and he said that's not true, tech will have to drive it and if he experience the throttle delay issue, they can flash the TCM.

lol, umm Texas Nissan in Grapevine? Grubbs Nissan off of 183 did a decent job. Granted the tech got into my car with greasy hands, but so far I've had trouble with Texas Nissan and Clay Cooley Nissan.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Oh wow. It seems there are a lot of members in TX! which one did you go? I'm picking up my truck from Courtesy Nissan in Richardson an hour later after getting recalls and TSB done.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oh wow. It seems there are a lot of members in TX! which one did you go? I'm picking up my truck from Courtesy Nissan in Richardson an hour later after getting recalls and TSB done.
It was Courtesy Nissan In Richardson.
Really, 1 hour? Service manger told me 3-4 hours!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
It was Courtesy Nissan In Richardson.
Really, 1 hour? Service manger told me 3-4 hours!!
Oh wow!! Which service advisor did you speak to? mine told me same thing what your service manager told you. I left my truck last Thursday and i'm finally picking it up. sorry for the confusion.

101 - 120 of 144 Posts