Nissan Titan Forum banner

121 - 140 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oh wow!! Which service advisor did you speak to? mine told me same thing what your service manager told you. I left my truck last Thursday and i'm finally picking it up. sorry for the confusion.
Ohh...I gotcha, no problem.
Don't remember the advisors name, I don't even think he introduced himself now that I think about it.
When I scheduled the appointment, they didn't assign me an advisor. On the email confirmation, advisor name is blank.

Who do you use? If I choose to go back, maybe I should request him or her next time.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ohh...I gotcha, no problem.
Don't remember the advisors name, I don't even think he introduced himself now that I think about it.
When I scheduled the appointment last week, they didn't assign me an advisor. On the email confirmation, advisor name is blank.

Who do you use? If I choose to go back, maybe I should request him or her next time.
Last few times I've worked with Chris Savage & Roy Morrison. They seemed to know what they were talking about.

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro-4X 2006 Titan SE (sold) Chevy SS Sedan
721 Posts
It was Courtesy Nissan In Richardson.
Really, 1 hour? Service manger told me 3-4 hours!!
That's what Clay Cooley insisted. "Oh we have to keep your vehicle for a day so that we can drive it and calibrate it". Does Courtesy Nissan offer shuttle or a loaner?

I dropped mine off at 7:30am and received it at 5:00pm.

·
Registered
34 Posts
That's what Clay Cooley insisted. "Oh we have to keep your vehicle for a day so that we can drive it and calibrate it". Does Courtesy Nissan offer shuttle or a loaner?
If I remember right, they offer free lyft ride up to 15 miles? Can't remember the exact number.. I'm driving their loaner vehicle at the moment - it's a Nissan Kicks?

What I like about Courtesy Nissan Richardson is that they have a clear window so you can watch what they do to your vehicle :)

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro4X
438 Posts
Just dropped my truck (2020 Pro4X) off at the dealership to get this TSB done. I think it might be time to find a new dealership for these services in DFW. It was only my second time here and both times have been horrible.
Service advisor came out to greet me and said if there are no DTCs present, he can't do anything about it and won't flash the TCM. Said he's been doing this for 8 years and that's how it is, that was the only reason he gave me.
Talked to service manager and he said that's not true, tech will have to drive it and if he experience the throttle delay issue, they can flash the TCM.

Why do these dealerships make it so hard? Very frustrating experience.
Poor training. It’s hard to find good on-boarding in almost any HR dept. Turnover at dealerships is so high, they choose not to invest in training. 😂 they get trained by customers…so frustrating.

·
Registered
721 Posts
If I remember right, they offer free lyft ride up to 15 miles? Can't remember the exact number.. I'm driving their loaner vehicle at the moment - it's a Nissan Kicks?

What I like about Courtesy Nissan Richardson is that they have a clear window so you can watch what they do to your vehicle :)
Texas Nissan gave me an Altima after I told them that my salesman told me that I'd be set up in a loaner when I bought my vehicle. I'd be perfectly ok with a shuttle, but they claim that I'd have to pay the first $10 to get a lyft, which seems kind of silly for me to have to pay $20 every time they service my vehicle. They're also the dealership that scratched my rear quarter panel near the tail light.

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
They don’t drive your truck you do so they won’t replicate what annoys you. If there is an update it’s there for a reason and to flat out turn you down is ridiculous. If you’re there and complaining it’s for a reason. Most dealers by me don’t even carry Titans so the techs has no seat time in one.

Clint

·
Registered
34 Posts
Texas Nissan gave me an Altima after I told them that my salesman told me that I'd be set up in a loaner when I bought my vehicle. I'd be perfectly ok with a shuttle, but they claim that I'd have to pay the first $10 to get a lyft, which seems kind of silly for me to have to pay $20 every time they service my vehicle. They're also the dealership that scratched my rear quarter panel near the tail light.
Did the dealership admit their fault on the scratch?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm going in a couple weeks to get transmission flashed and electronic tailgate locks installed(on sales sticker but not installed on truck. Hopefully they do the transmission without trying to drive it and tell me it didn't do it. I noticed it doing it the first week I had it. Thanks for putting the service bulletin on here. I would've never known.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
I finally got my truck back from the dealership and drove about 60 miles. So far so good. There is no change in the MPG and the trucks definitely drives smoother.

I really appreciate this forum and all members for sharing the news, updates, and feedbacks.(y)(y)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Did the dealership admit their fault on the scratch?
Haven't gone in yet. I've already talked to the service manager, and practically told me to go to another service department (didn't seem to care about my complaints). I might just talk to the general manager.

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
His job is to listen to you, not his lazy inner being.

Clint

Reactions: won01419

·
Registered
196 Posts
Had my truck flashed today with the transmission update. Didn't have time to really test it out when I picked it up, but just took it out tonight for an hour of puttering around town. It's a great improvement from what it was, for sure. It's not quite as much improvement as I was hoping, but right now I'd say it's probably 80% of the way there. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone suffering with throttle lag in their 2020 truck.

·
Registered
721 Posts
His job is to listen to you, not his lazy inner being.

Clint
The past few times I'd been there, it was extremely busy. My guess is that he understands that it doesn't matter how horrible his service is, he's still going to get a lot of people coming in. I figure he's in a relatively central location (almost in the middle of the Dallas/Fort Worth area) so he gets a lot of traffic.

Had my truck flashed today with the transmission update. Didn't have time to really test it out when I picked it up, but just took it out tonight for an hour of puttering around town. It's a great improvement from what it was, for sure. It's not quite as much improvement as I was hoping, but right now I'd say it's probably 80% of the way there. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone suffering with throttle lag in their 2020 truck.
That's my take as well. From a stop, it sometimes hangs onto the gear a bit too long, where before it would shift into a higher gear even if you gave it more gas (hence the feel of it stumbling). So it seems like it went from granny shifting to "balls-to-the-wall" shifting. I'm hoping this is better than the alternative.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just dropped my truck (2020 Pro4X) off at the dealership to get this TSB done. I think it might be time to find a new dealership for these services in DFW. It was only my second time here and both times have been horrible.
Service advisor came out to greet me and said if there are no DTCs present, he can't do anything about it and won't flash the TCM. Said he's been doing this for 8 years and that's how it is, that was the only reason he gave me.
Talked to service manager and he said that's not true, tech will have to drive it and if he experience the throttle delay issue, they can flash the TCM.

Why do these dealerships make it so hard? Very frustrating experience.
Same thing happened to me. I drove an hour to go to a better Nissan dealership. Called to make the appointment, verified they were aware of the TSB and they told me to bring in and it would take about 20-25min. When I arrived they said they would have to drive it and experience first hand the issue. My reply was if there is an update that improves the performance of the truck I want it done. They pulled the truck straight into the shop and performed the update. I don’t quite understand that either because a TSB doesn’t effect warranty scores or any of the point systems used to rank vehicles.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Same thing happened to me. I drove an hour to go to a better Nissan dealership. Called to make the appointment, verified they were aware of the TSB and they told me to bring in and it would take about 20-25min. When I arrived they said they would have to drive it and experience first hand the issue. My reply was if there is an update that improves the performance of the truck I want it done. They pulled the truck straight into the shop and performed the update. I don’t quite understand that either because a TSB doesn’t effect warranty scores or any of the point systems used to rank vehicles.
I agree with this 100%. Your truck shouldnt have to have any of the described symptoms for this to apply. Its an update so update it.

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
I agree with this 100%. Your truck shouldnt have to have any of the described symptoms for this to apply. Its an update so update it.
Using dealer logic if there is an update for your mobile phone or computer software you should just ignore it. An update is improve the performance of any item it’s created for.

Clint

·
Registered
721 Posts
Using dealer logic if there is an update for your mobile phone or computer software you should just ignore it. An update is improve the performance of any item it’s created for.

Clint
About the only thing I'll say is that I've bought tuners that were specific for only certain model years even though the next model year was identical to the prior year. A lot of times the coding for these devices use the model year of the vehicle in their firmware or software so trying to update a specific model year with a prior model year's component could throw up error codes. And in all honesty, auto makers rarely pay their coders top dollar. They generally outsource those jobs and pay pennies to the dollar.

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
About the only thing I'll say is that I've bought tuners that were specific for only certain model years even though the next model year was identical to the prior year. A lot of times the coding for these devices use the model year of the vehicle in their firmware or software so trying to update a specific model year with a prior model year's component could throw up error codes. And in all honesty, auto makers rarely pay their coders top dollar. They generally outsource those jobs and pay pennies to the dollar.
If my truck calls for a reflash then so should all of the same model year. They will stand and argue and most of the time make their viewpoint up as they go along.
In the 80’s I had a new Mustang GT and needed something done and the guy was just flapping his gums and I wasn’t in a good mood and having spent 6 days a week in the gym for years I was a bit imposing you’d say. He said something and as I stepped forward he stepped back until I chased him through the service department and out the back door. I scared the tar out of him, the service director was called out and asked what the problem was and I said he just flat out refuses to listen or acknowledge the customer often knows about cars and I wouldn’t be here for sport, there is something wrong with the car. So he told him he better get it looked at and also better get it repaired. Yes, there was a carburetor issue and they replaced it under warranty. He was very polite every time I came in afterward. I go in and firmly tell them what I want, I don’t ask for them to do me any favors. It’s under warranty, not behaving correctly so fix it.
Many service writers are not mechanics and don’t have a clue about what’s what.

Clint

121 - 140 of 144 Posts