Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is is a record for me 20 miles per gal round trip on the 91 fwy and if you live on So Cal you know how hard this is to pull off. Took a trip from Huntington beach to Yuciapa today and this is what I got. For those that dont know this is not a flat frwy and always traffic. Oh and this is 2005 2wd BT, CC with prg leveling kit and stock tires. The truck is now parked with 19.5 mpg after driving up th pch to get lunch and about 30 non fwy stop and go miles. I have a good chance of breaking my 17.5 mpg tank best with this one. 1st pic is of the 19.7 on the same tank I didnt think I was ever going to get to 20 so I snaped that pic 1st.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
man that is awesome, the best i got mine to read is 16.2 lol

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Nice work. Maybe Hudson Valley Titan will believe this one.:jester:

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Just general info, electronic readouts tied to ECU show current MPG. I can take a pic of my laptop readout showing 24 MPG, but when I press the pedal down it will read 14 MPG. Hell I can get it to read 2 MPG if I want...lol.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Miles traveled divided by the gallons you put in to fill the tank, that's as solid an answer as you can practically get. I've done 20.3 at about 80MPH with just myself and a light load.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
TitanBlue said:
Miles traveled divided by the gallons you put in to fill the tank, that's as solid an answer as you can practically get. I've done 20.3 at about 80MPH with just myself and a light load.

Agreed, I did a computer log for over an hour on the highway this past summer, and for quite a few long stretches, the MPG readout was between 19.75-22 MPG. Overall though, that meant nothing when I divided the miles by the number of gallons and averaged about 17.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
sudden urge said:
Agreed, I did a computer log for over an hour on the highway this past summer, and for quite a few long stretches, the MPG readout was between 19.75-22 MPG. Overall though, that meant nothing when I divided the miles by the number of gallons and averaged about 17.
The yellow bar on the right is current mpg not the read out. The read out is your average mpg from the last time you reseted it. So this can be from 5 tanks or from the beginning of the trip. If you look at the first pic he left of the gas so the bar shows 30+mpg. If you look at the other pic he is on the gas so it shows inbetween 20-30mpg. His average mpg was 19.7 in the first pic and 20 in the second.

The average mpg is actually pretty accurate, I have checked it by divding the miles by the number of gallons and it is always within .5mpg accurate and usually better.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree and that is how I got the 17.5 best that I have so far(miles driven divided by gallons at fill up) . I only use the comp screen to help me get better mileage by using a lite foot. Like I said the truck is parked right now and reads 19.5 after 30 around town miles and I have driven a total of 195 miles so far. I don't blame you for being negative after all you live in Chicago :boxing:

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I would think Nissan would want your Titan back for disection considering it averages over 17% more per gallon than their own testing. How shameful of them to put stickers on their windows that say 12 mpg city and 17 mpg highway. Those are averages done in perfect conditions, so for every 20 that averaged 19, there are 20 that averaged 15, again in perfect conditions.
All versions of the 2008 Titan (4×2 and 4×4) are rated at 12 miles per gallon in the city and 17 miles per gallon on the highway.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
AF-Medic said:
Nice work. Maybe Hudson Valley Titan will believe this one.:jester:
And you believe those onboard things huh?...lol. The one in the wifes Quest always claims a steady 19 MPG when I actually closer to 23 MPG. You can't go by those and you can't judge by one trip either. So no, it's not believable because regardless of how different we all drive, one person getting 12 MPG and another getting 21 just isn't happening. C'mon AF....lol...you know me better than that! Sorry.:cheers:

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
sudden urge said:
My point exactly. If the Titan was getting anything CLOSE to 20 MPG, they'd be flying off showroom floors. It's simply not rear world fact.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Congratulations.
I see you had a fine choice in multiple departments of "tune".

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No worries on the haters:futwice: like I said my best was 17.5 on a tank using the miles divided by gallons not the comp. I was as shocked as you when it hit 20 thats why I snaped the pic at 19.7. I will post a follow up when the tank is dry but its not going to be until the end of the week or later.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
BIGGIE said:
No worries on the haters:futwice: like I said my best was 17.5 on a tank using the miles divided by gallons not the comp. I was as shocked as you when it hit 20 thats why I snaped the pic at 19.7. I will post a follow up when the tank is dry but its not going to be until the end of the week or later.
17 on highway trips seems to be doable by most Titans....which is more than likely closer to what you actually got than 19.7.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
My point exactly. If the Titan was getting anything CLOSE to 20 MPG, they'd be flying off showroom floors. It's simply not rear world fact.

I knew you would be all over it HVT. Just trying to fuel the fire.:cheers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts